What?????!!!!!!

Last Updated:

1. ARR22

ARR22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I definitely don't think this would happen. Too many differences that would have to be consolidated...big differences. One part of the article that got my attention:

That doesn't make me feel too good if it's true.

3. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I think if Sprint is to survive, they might have to merge with T-Mobile. T-mobile is on the verge of failing in 2011. If anything, it's gonna have to be when LTE/Wi-Max is ready. T-Mobile is not in a good position right now...

4. ARR22

I think clear is just looking for investors to help expand their coverage. Yeah I agree this wont happen. So Im definitely selling this. But what about dual gsm/cdma phones? Can they implement a system to be able to use gsm when cdma signals are weak and vice versa? Then going overseas and being able to use tmobile's network in Europe? Or what if Sprint wants to convert its cdma network over to gsm, the new so called global standard. I dont pretend to be a engineer so I dont know if its feasible, possible or even practical for Sprint/Tmobile to do such a thing. One word (or should I say acronym) comes to mind, IDEN. Which was a total flop. Usualy where there is smoke there is fire, but in this case Im pretty sure the only smoke we see is the smoke coming out whose ever ass that keeps on spreading these ridiculous rumors! :D

5. catpowrd

catpowrd Well-Known Member

What do you mean "IDEN is a total flop"? It my not have made as much money as Sprint wanted but is a very good system for push to talk and works much better than CDMA does for PTT. IDEN just does not work good for moving data quickly.

6. ARR22

Horrible coverage, slow data, shity phones = flop. Who uses ptt other then contractors and cab drivers? And maybe you. The name of the game is to make money, and if sprint didnt. Its just another reason I think it is a total flop.

7. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

I am 80% sure its going to happen. The part about Clear needing more money is partly accurate.. My guesstimate is they have enough money to cover 150-180 mill..

They had willing investors to fund more but they rejected the offers. They won't have problems raising the rest of the cash, to complete the network

8. ARR22

It just occurred to me that just maybe Tmobile realizes that HSPA+ can only take them so far. And since Wimax tech can be converted to LTE in the future. It could just be that Tmobile see's this as their opportunity gateway to a potential LTE network. Just my thoughts.