Whats a good keyboard improvement app?Support

Last Updated:

1. TangoXray

TangoXray Member This Topic's Starter

for the Droid X? Although I'm better on the larger screen I still mistype some and was wondering if there is good app that improves proximity and sensitivity issues. Preferably a free one but I'd listen if there was a good paid one.

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

I prefer SmarkKeyboardPro. There is a free version of it. It has a few good skin options and it supports MultiTouch.

I have the paid verison (I believe I paid about $2 for it).

quickaudi and TangoXray like this.
  3. TangoXray

TangoXray Member This Topic's Starter

thanks I'll look into it.

4. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I just got Better Key board you have to pay for it $1.99 but I love it and there is a lot of skins for it. It is worth checking out for sure

5. lrboylin

lrboylin Active Member

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello TangoXray.. I've moved this thread out of the Updates area to the Droid X forum for you (the Updates forum is for discussion about modifications sent to our devices from the carriers, generally). [​IMG]

7. zip2

zip2 Active Member

SmartKeyboardPro is great. MUCH better than the stock one on the X. The keys have some separation and for a multi-tap user leads to far fewer typing errors. I tried swype...didn't care for it.

ps - SmartKeyboardPro is not a swype keyboard.

8. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

I really like this keyboard layout (my biggest problem with the stock was the space key) and you can create your own skin for it as well. This is a real nice site to be able to skin your own keyboard. Also it is free.

http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/

9. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

use your swype keyboard!!!! it's preloaded (FREE) and it's great once you get used to using it...i wish all keyboards were swype keyboards.

to get to it just long press in a text area and select input method and change it to swype...i definitely recommend using the tutorial to learn how to use it...and once you do learn, i don't know anyone yet that has wanted to go back to having to actually hit every key to enter a word...

good luck!

10. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

11. poof101

poof101 Well-Known Member

Yep, just hot my x. Thought swype looked stupid. Then I tried out, love it.

12. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

This is by far my favorite keyboard app. I was a swype user, but have used this app to make a custom keyboard and now use it as my default keyboard. I have changed the size of the keys a bit and otherwise tweaked the keyboard to my tastes. Also, the prediction on this keyboard seems far better than anything else I have used. Give it a try at least - its' free.

13. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member

I've tried the stock keyboard, swype, Better Keyboard, and a handful of others. The best BY FAR is SlideIT. You have to pay for it but it's worth every penny imo.

14. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member

I have been fighting this battle ever since I left Blackberry.
    I have tried almost everything on the market and only found one that I would recommend at this point - mostly because it is so customizable.
    It is called "Ultra Keyboard" and can be found in the app market. It is relatively new, that's why a lot of people don't seem to know about it.

The best part about this app is that it will not only let you customize the regular and landscape keyboards, but it also has an option that simulates the SureType keyboard layout found on the Pearl, Storm, and a couple of other Blackberrys. I love the Suretype keyboard and though I have found several apps and hacks that simulate it, none have come close to the word prediction and user-friendliness as must as UltraKeyboard.

You will spend a ton of time customizing it (everything can be customized, from the colors to size of the keys), but once you figure it out, you'll never use anything else.

Good Luck.

ps - for the record, no, I do not work for them :)

myth90045 likes this.
  15. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Simply put - SWYPE

16. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

I dig the themes you can create. I am just not sure if I am technically savvy enough to make it work.

17. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Trying out SwiftKey now. Costs only 95 cents U.S.

It will try to predict your next word... imagine that.? :cool:

18. pcsperson

pcsperson Well-Known Member

Wanted to second swiftkey, it was just released from beta and after 9/30 it will cost 2.50 GBP = 3.95646 USD. Try it out, and see if it is worth the 94 cents.

Here is the QR for the free beta [​IMG]

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]SwiftKey Keyboard Beta
    by TouchType Ltd
    >250,000 downloads, 7188 ratings (4.2 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

19. myth90045

myth90045 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your tip man...i d/led the trial version just now (bored at work) and damn...I love this thing. I have been searching for a suretype like keyboard after using the storm1/2 for the longest time. I was missing it. Now I think we have found a winner!! thanks again!! btw, i have not even tried any of the settings yet!!

20. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

It's not hard. Go to the website on your PC, follow the instructions to make your custom keyboard. After you are done, it will give the bar code that you can scan with your X (must have a bar code scanner app on your X to do this), and it will take you right to the DL source on your X browser. DL, install and then go through the options (settings>language keyboards>HTC IME mod) to configure it to your liking. Then make sure you select the HTC IME mod as your input method (long press the text box) and there you go. I am currently sporting a Purple Lakers themed keyboard. I have made the keys a bit skinnier - seems to make hitting the right key a bit more accurate for me at least. Love it.

dhoffman1421 likes this.
  21. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Awesome app and worth it to jump on the intro price!

22. MalikBear

MalikBear Well-Known Member

Still loving TouchPal. Used it on my Omnia, so glad they made one for Android!

23. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Teegun I now have a 49er themed keyboard. However after yesterdays game I am getting rid of it to go to an SF Giants themed keyboard.

24. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

AnySoftKeyboard is quite customizable. I'm impressed.

25. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Another vote for SwiftKey. I've tried nearly every keyboard app and this one is my favorite hands down.