What's a good LED flashlight app?Support

1. Matt's 175

Matt's 175 Well-Known Member

I tried Tiny Flashlight + LED, but it makes the LED sort of 'blink'. What are some others to try?

Advertisement
    :
  2. solo65impala

solo65impala Well-Known Member

I have Flashlight LED by Wily Apps. Its very simple and seems to work well.
  3. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

This is the best one I know of.

Flashlight.apk

When you use it though you need to hit the power button to make you screen go black other wise the Led turns off for some reason.

It really works well if you do what I said above.
  4. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

For some reason when I installed that app, my LED notification lights keep flashing red, blue, and green. Even when the app is closed, even force closed. Help?

EDIT: even uninstalled and still doing it :(
  5. Robo1007

Robo1007 Well-Known Member

Cl8rs redownload the app go into it and when you exit use the back arrow (uturn) button and it will turn off the led flashing.
  6. Matt's 175

Reviews say "It flickers on my Ally".

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid as stated in the OP.
  7. Matt's 175

I tried it and tried the power button trick and it still shuts off after about 15 seconds. Notification LED is all goofy now too, as described by Cl8rs.
  8. Nbolds442

Nbolds442 Member

I emailed the developer of tiny flashlight + LED about the blinking issue just a couple of days ago and this was his reply-

"Hello
    Currently this is the only way to start the LED on Ally by a 3rd party app. I hope LG will fix it with Android 2.2"

I don't know if this is the case or not but maybe it will be fixed in Feb.

9. solo65impala

solo65impala Well-Known Member

From what I've read most all of the LED flashlight apps "flicker" a little bit on the ally. Flashlight LED just happened to be the one I settled on, mainly because of how easy it was to use, plus its a small app.
  10. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

I just uninstalled it and rebooted. Problem solved :) Im sticking with tiny flashlight + LED.
  11. photoned

photoned New Member

Tiny Flashlight+LED is a really cool app, but oh my!...look at the permissions. Handing over too much control of the wrong areas for me. (Permissions include: full internet access, allows app to take pics & videos and at anytime to collect images the camera is seeing, read phone state & identity)

I went with the basic LED Light by PICOLYL. It is simple, works, and doesn't give away that much in way of permissions.
  12. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member

full internet access is probably to display ads. Im pretty sure it HAS to have control of the camera since the LED is part of that. Phone state and identity is just so the thing can stay running i believe. These dont seem excessive to me.
  13. jswenski

jswenski New Member

14. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

I changed my mind... not sure about this one