What's a good music player app?General

Last Updated: 2012-09-11 06:31:13
  1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

I like the stock music app but it seems laggy and force closes a lot. Its there a better music player app?

Advertisement
  2. TRAVI5TY

TRAVI5TY Well-Known Member

Try poweramp.
  3. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

4. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

I've been using miXing (paid version) for over a year now and I like it a lot. Poweramp looks great, too.
  5. taeisme

taeisme Member

I use Double Twist.
  6. Dukins

Dukins Well-Known Member

PowerAmp hands down!
  7. CincyGT2009

CincyGT2009 Well-Known Member

I like WinAmp but I will try PowerAmp after these suggestions...
  8. DaveTN

DaveTN Well-Known Member

I had been using poweramp and like it a lot but just recently tried Jet Audio and love it. To me it seems like Jets EQ and sound settings seem fuller and more dynamic.

David
  9. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

There will be almost as many opinions on this as there are actual music players.

I used "3" for the longest time, but now use TuneWiki. I like the lyrics and social aspect....
  10. DaManDJ3

DaManDJ3 Well-Known Member

I've been using cubed ever since I had android beginning in 2009
  11. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member

Cubed is decent, Power Amp is my favorite. Meridian is good as well. If you are a fan of lyrics, MusicXmatch is pretty good. I prefer Power Amp because it has a very useful settings most players lack, and it never gets buggy on me.
  12. Deviatore

Deviatore Member

I've been using PowerAmp since several months and it is plain awesome. You should definitely check it out - PowerAmp on Play Store

If you're looking for an awesome free music player, I'd recommend to check out DoubleTwist. Its user interface is really sleek and can manage much more than just music - podcasts, videos and even online radios.

DoubleTwist on Play Store

musiXmatch is also a great player if you want an app that can fetch lyrics. I found it better than TuneWiki as it was easily able to fetch non-English songs as well.

musiXmatch on Play Store

May I suggest you my list of some of the best music player apps for Android - apps list - I've listed the pros and cons of four of the best players available :)
    Soultanoss likes this.
  13. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

POWERAMP..

I have had android phones since my G1, Incredible, Thunderbolt, Charge, Razr Maxx..

And the only apps i have paid for is Plex, and PowerAmp.
  14. justboy

justboy Active Member

I like to use Google Music or Play Music as it's now known.
  15. mishmosh2000

mishmosh2000 Well-Known Member

I use winamp at home. On my phone I tried winamp and poweramp and just like Poweramp better. Winamp still has some features that make it attractive though like being able to just enter internet radio station addresses, but all the stations I want are on Tune-in already.
  16. Reprobate

Reprobate Active Member

I've been using Meridian because it allows me to use most of the controls on the headphones I buy that are made for the iPhone (Monster w/ Controltalk, Sony and a Samsung one for Android that came with the Galaxy 7 Plus). Great for taking calls and skipping/pausing tracks but no volume control.

I am using Car Tunes when in the car because the controls on the screen are higher up (instead of the bottom of the screen like most players). The voice commands are interesting but I'm still getting used to them.
  17. doctorfrylock

doctorfrylock Well-Known Member

I recommend Poweramp. Ive neen using it for a year, and its great. Has a 14 day free trial.
  18. The Absolute

The Absolute Well-Known Member

I second that Play (Google) Music app.
  19. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member

Power amp is good, but Neutron blows them all away for sound quality
  20. g24indian

g24indian Member

21. Josh Abraham

Josh Abraham New Member

22. CooperLA1

CooperLA1 Well-Known Member

I use DoubleTwist or Play (Google) Music. DoubleTwist is good because it has a nice user interface, and it is easy to use. Started using Play Music since the ICS update because it now has EQ settings.
  23. Smittymhs

Smittymhs Member

I haven't tried any apps but Play Music and My Music. Both work OK for what I want except I can't keep the screen from timing out. PIA if you need to pause or change songs while driving.
    Any suggestions for a player that will keep the screen up?
    Thanks
  24. owlsbrat

owlsbrat Active Member

I use winamp. Its great. Never any issues.
  25. tramalot

tramalot Member

Do you have the car dock?