Whats a good way to handle your phone when something goes wrong?

Last Updated:

1. Saiyan_Prince

Saiyan_Prince Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, what happened was my screen turned blank. I could not turn off the phone. It was just blank. The buttons on the bottom of the phone will light on and off when pressing the power button. What am i suppose to do in this situation or any other situation where my Droid isnt acting right? Well, i didnt know what to do so i just took out the battery and put it back in. I am not sure if thats the proper way of doing it. I hope my phone will be okay after that. So, whats the right way of going at it?

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

that's fine. what other option do you have?

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Battery pulling is usually the first thing to try when the phone is acting funny or not turning on at all. You certainly didn't do anything wrong.

4. shark1987

shark1987 Member

that's what i would've done. i mean, i would've tried maybe pressing the power button a few times first, wait alittle bit. Maybe open the keyboard out to see if that did something. But yea, nothings wrong with taking the battery out really, unless you were writing to memory at the time because then things could get kinda messed if you were saving something.

5. Saiyan_Prince

@Square: Well, thats what i was wondering? This was after i downloaded HOME++ and Handcent. Not sure which was the cause of it. My friend had problems too after downloading these two apps.

6. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

you could whisper sweet nothings into its ear-piece...I did that once but then the VZW rep told me to plug it into the wall charger...and that solved me problems :D

7. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Wow, you have never owned a BlackBerry have you? :cool:

8. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I hated the constant necessary battery pulls on my BB, especially considering the fact that it took about 47 years to reboot each time.

9. Saiyan_Prince

@shark1987: Actually i was downloading a movie off youtube.

10. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been a BB user since 2001, until I got the Droid a month ago. I'm never going back to a BlackBerry (no offense to BB users).

11. gabe23

gabe23 Member

I handle my phone with tongs and/or an oven mitt when something goes wrong. Can't be too careful. ;)

I actually just had to pull the battery in my Droid for the first time since early November. I used the MotoTorch flashlight to guide me down a dark staircase, and during that time, the screen went to sleep. When I hit the power button to wake it up and turn off the light, nothing would happen. After opening the keyboard and playing around with the buttons for a minute, I ended up pulling the battery (the light had stayed on all this time). Everything's been fine since, and if I only have to do this every 6 weeks or so, I can't complain.