Whats a recovery?

Last Updated:

1. Rocklee99

Rocklee99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I want to use the simple root, and theres an OPTIONAL choice, and i was just wondering what a recovery is? how do you choose one? and Do you do a nand backup before or after a root?

Advertisement
  2. Rocklee99

also, is the simple root the same as a full root?

3. The Lorax

The Lorax Active Member

nand backup = after root. simple root is just a METHOD of rooting (it's simple) and it is full root, recovery is... someone else will explain that better. basically, using simple root will install a recovery automatically and then you will be able to backup and boot into your recovery that you installed with the FULL root using the SIMPLE root method.

we green?

4. Rocklee99

ok so wait, one more thing, i understand now simple root will take care of the recovery, but, when i use the simple root, will i end up being downgraded back to the 13 something or will i be still with 1.47.651.1 just rooted?

i would like to keep everything i possibly can and still be on 1.47.651.1

now if i do this simple root is there any problems? (example: no market, camera issue, anything like that?)

5. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

simpleroot downgrades you to a lower version but with root, so you wont be 1.47.651.1

6. Rocklee99

is there a way to still be 1.47.651.1? and still be rooted?

7. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

my advice to you right now is to read a lot, absorb a lot, learn a lot and wait for simpler methods to come about. This is a device thats a little over a month out of release date so theres a TON of wrinkles to be ironed out. Enjoy the device for now, theres plenty to love about it. I waited months before having the nuts to root my Hero.

8. Rocklee99

well then for a temporary time, can i just use unrevoked? im am on the ota update, but can i do it for now ? i want the 1.47.651.1 still

9. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

you have a ridiculously high chance of breaking your 4G. Reading XDA, a lot of the people who are really screwed are the ones using unrevoked. Are you even in a 4G area?

if you can do me a huge favor, please post in this thread instead of making a new one, kthx :D

10. B-Ran

B-Ran Well-Known Member

11. Rocklee99

ok, so wait, i found a new thread that seems to be really good, and its easy, if i get the link again ill post it, but it says it works with 1.47 and has 4g, and saves battery life and it works, there was even a fix for those who broke their 4g before i think, so i think ill do that if it sounds safe to you