What's a safe over clock temp?

Last Updated:

1. brian0488

brian0488 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted and over clocked. I have setcpu installed and set to under clock if the temperature reaches 40c. Is that ok? Can I safely push it to 45 or 50?

At what temp should I start to get nervous?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Mine has only reached 38c and it felt pretty hot. I wouldn't push it to 45. Are you using the stock kernel or a hydra kernel?

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

just keep it around that and you should be fine... mine never really gets hot unless im using wifi tether and charging at the same time

4. brian0488

brian0488 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using the Hydra Kernel. I'm currently using v0.7 with the 25mV over volt. I just checked and v0.8 is out. I'll give that a try and see if anything changes.

At the time, Setcpu was set to under clock at 50 degrees Celsius. Two days ago my phone was in the upper 40's, I think it was 48C. I was web browsing outside in a low coverage area with lots of people around and it was about 95F (35C). I checked my brother's DInc and his was reading 38C and not being used.

I think all the conditions about add up to a phone running hot. I lowered the temperature limit to 40C. Everything seems to be working fine still.