What's a worthy replacement?

1. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

Looks too pointy and sharp for me. Too many right angles! Maybe I'm picky but aesthetics will be going a long way in deciding my next year phone.
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Mine too. Love right angles. Classic
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

4. Jon_LTD

Yeah, I've not heard anything damning about the Note apart from its size. I guess I need to see/play with it in person before I judge but that screen is just too big for me.
  5. Kibbster

Kibbster Well-Known Member

Tyseyh likes this.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Well no. I only show it to one person on a regular basist and she knows what to expect. Sometimes the surprise simply wears off.

In regards to the handset, yeah it is big. Screen is awesome. Thought it may be cheaper as its 6 months old, but would have to pay
  7. Jon_LTD

Genuinely chuckled :p
  8. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Best reply ever.
    SUroot likes this.
  9. azuul

azuul Member

hey guys. badly need ur help. can u give the official gingerbread for samsung galaxy mini and the steps on how to upgrade it. thanks
  10. azuul

azuul Member

hey guys. badly need ur help. can u give the official gingerbread for samsung galaxy mini and the steps on how to upgrade it. thanks :))
  11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Have you tried the galaxy mini sub forum?
  12. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

For anybody in the UK interested in the Note there are a couple of good deals at

Samsung Galaxy Note on Orange Dolphin 26 (24mths) inc. Internet at BuyMobilePhones.net

and

Samsung Galaxy Note on Orange Panther 20 (24mths) inc. Internet at BuyMobilePhones.net

I'm guessing there's not enough minutes/data for most on here but would be fine for me as I don't use it as a phone much, it's more for the other functionality. Unfortunately I have a contract with Virgin till July and will have to let this go but does anyone see any reason why it wouldn't be a good deal?
    SUroot likes this.
  13. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

I just need data and a handful of minutes. Only 3 it seems does it for me.
  14. rowlers

rowlers Well-Known Member

had hold of one today, it is massive! at least and inch longer and wider that the desire, but it is a little slimmer lol.
    I doubt it would fit comfortably in a pocket!
  15. togger161

togger161 Well-Known Member

I have just purchased an Android tablet with an 8" screen, dual core running ICS. It is great for games, especially where you have to be accurate where you touch the screen (games like x construct.)

Is keeping the desire as a phone (as for me it still does all I need it to) and adding a tablet not an option for anyone?
  16. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

I have an iPad2 so am currently running a tablet and the Desire. I would possible stick with the Desire if only the memory wasn't so limited. I'm constantly battling to have enough memory. I know I could root but I'm not brave enough. There's also the siren call of a new gadget..................
  17. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Not for me. I need one device, always with me. Can't be walking around work with a phone and tablet
  18. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

jay_kay likes this.
  19. dan281082

dan281082 Well-Known Member

20. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Until recently they've been making budget handsets. They also make things like 3g usb modems and that sort if thing. Been around a while but their new range of devices this year are pretty top end.
  21. dan281082

dan281082 Well-Known Member

had a little peek on the old internet thing yesterday about that phone and read somewhere huawei intend to make the phone 20-50% cheaper than its rivals, so could get a nice price contract maybe?
    SUroot likes this.
  22. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Certainly,one to stay open minded about
  23. Kibbster

Kibbster Well-Known Member

Same here.
    Tablets are great laptop replacements but I'm not carrying one around with me and I want one device to remember to charge and pick up when I leave the house in the morning.
    SUroot likes this.
  24. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

This ascend d quad XL looks awesome. Teh more I watch and read, the more I'm sold on it. 2500 mAh Battery, that appears to be removable, SD card slot, Tegra 3 + S4 beating CPU, 1GB RAM, 4.5 inch display with more DPI than Apple's Retina....

Its not the most exciting looking device, but it looks better in videos than photos, how it reacts with the light.

Waiting with baited breath..... I cant see anything beating this in the next 6 months.
    jay_kay, davoid, dan281082 and 2 others like this.
  25. NorthernNoel

NorthernNoel Well-Known Member

It's sounding good so far. I'd have it over HTC's offerings. Wonder what the build quality is like?