1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

What's a worthy replacement?

1. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Agreed.

That said, I still really like the other specs of the x. I couldnt bring myself not to get anything top of the line, so the s and v are out anyway.

But still.... Maybe something better will be here by May..

I'm really confused and disappointed.
  2. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking eh? I'm really quite miffed tbh. Nothing grabs me immediately. I like the sound of the X bit I'm cynical about the lack of expandable memory and I think like the sound of it as I don't like the sound of the other confirmed handsets! At least I've got another 6 months.
  3. TV!

TV! Well-Known Member

The new HTC handsets are on techradar if anyone is interested.

Code:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/htc-one-x-vs-htc-one-s-vs-htc-one-v-1066682
  4. TV!

TV! Well-Known Member

Sorry guys can't work out how to do bloody links.
  5. SUroot

TV! likes this.
  6. nickabbott

nickabbott Member

Well... looks like it's confirmed! No Micro-SD card upgrade slot :(

Who cares if the internal memory is faster! SD speeds are more than capable of movies or music etc it just seems an important thing to be missing off!
  7. SUroot

Its a trend right now :(

Although I would consider the X without one..
  8. JDY

JDY Well-Known Member

32GB would be ample storage for me apps+music, 16GB would be rather tight though
  9. SUroot

Yeah My 16GB card is often near full. 32 should be alright for me. All my WAV, FLAC etc on internal MMC and everything else streamed via google music..
  10. Jon_LTD

I got to say I'm quite disappointed with the announcements. I'd begrudgingly accept 32gb internal and I know it'd be more than ample. I just want the option on principle.
  11. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

I'd like a memory card slot, but with 32gb internal I think I'd be alright.
  12. Flumme

Flumme Well-Known Member

Kind of like the X, too. The lack of external SD card slot is an obvious drawback. 32 Gb is a lot, though, so no real biggie.

What makes me even more unimpressed is the inaccessible battery. Not being able to do a battery pull if the phone hangs after a bad flash or random bad behaviour really makes me doubt it.

I can't remember how many times a battery pull has made my phone behave, when everything else has failed.
  13. nickabbott

nickabbott Member

I can't believe I missed that! No removable battery is another major set-back!

I'm the same! I've had applications hang and only a battery pull has got the phone back responding! Can't believe I'd have to wait nearly a day or more before it ran out of charge to get my phone back! :(

Plus I like the idea of putting a new battery in the phone should I decide to keep it longer than 2 years and the battery starts dying!

Can't believe they bring out newer and better phones but then scrimp on the extras that would make them better....
  14. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I assume there's an equivalent of the battery pull (same way that holding the power button down on a computer will force a shutdown even with the OS totally locked-up). How do people cope with the Galaxy Nexus?

BTW it seems I slandered the One V - that one actually does have a memory card slot! But that one is barely an upgrade on the Desire, and unfortunately it seems that the information about the other 2 was accurate (they are on the HTC website now).
    Flumme likes this.
  15. SUroot

There's a 3 button combo on the desire that simulates a battery pull (forget the combo now) which I assume is cross transferable on HTC devices. Not sure about other devices though.

I do like a removable battery though and often site the lack of this as a downfall on phones and laptops alike

Edit

Trackball, vol down, power. Soft reset. Next best thing to a hard reset (which in the IT world is NOT a factory reset - and its the IT world I subscribe to, so there)
    Flumme and Hadron like this.
  16. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Agreed, though I can see the motivation.
  17. Jon_LTD

Basically this. I don't like restrictions.
  18. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

I am liking the look of the One X, but seeing this is giving me second thoughts. Quite like the ides of everything docking together. Think the price for everything may be prohibitive though.

Asus Padfone review: Hands-on | T3
  19. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

I don't like the current trend for larger phones so the One S would be my option. However the MicroSim & no SD slot are seriously putting me off.

I think I'll wait and see what happens with the Sensation XE with ICS and hopefully it's price will drop when the Ones hit the market.
  20. SUroot

Whats the issue with a microsim?
  21. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

Interested to see how these new One phones run. What I'd read is that Sense 4.0 had been stripped down a bit on these because of ICS. If the combination works well so they are fast and smooth, then they may build up a bit of buzz which could attract developer attention again.
    The hardware specs and looks at the moment don't seem to be doing it.
  22. NorthernNoel

NorthernNoel Well-Known Member

Yep, no sd means I won't be buying one. I've currently got a 64gb sdxc in my phone with all my music on and 3gb free (i got rid of my ipod). It seems as though HTC gave with one hand finally adding more internal memory and took with the other removing the sd slot.

No sd and non removable battery, sounds like a fruit flavoured phone to me :mad:
  23. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

Liking everything about the X except the battery situation......everything else ticks all my boxes, just don't like the idea of not being able to physically pull the battery...or change it.:(

Early suggestions on some sites are that it will be on decent priced contracts as well, unless they are just trying to lure folk in early then jump the prices up.
  24. SUroot