What's a worthy replacement?

1. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

im not convinced by those htc one x shots.
    they look like theyve used optimal conditions or staged them to get the best out of the camera

my desire can look that awesome depending on lighting

EDIT: do some research online suggests this device is a sealed enclosure meaning no battery pulling or replacement.
    thats not good for us modders
  2. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the SGS3 specs. Although I feel it will share the same downfalls of no expandable memory and I dare say no accessible battery. I've also heard TouchWiz not being as robust and damaged screens in pockets for the SGS2.
    I'm still weighing up all my options I guess.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Odd. Theres a good youtube video somewhere where they drop the SGS2 and the iphone4, face down from various heights and teh SGS2 came out much better
  4. Rastaman-FB

i hope samsung dont follow suit and seal the batteries

dare i say they are doing it to stop the prolonging of a devices life and scare off modders.
  5. SUroot

I can definitely believe the former, but the latter Im not sure...
  6. Rastaman-FB

well they dont like people modding too much, they only started to unlock the bootloader after people were threatening to boycot their products.
    If you leave it unlocked but make a device that cant do a battery pull when it hangs. it scares people from making that jump as you cant return it to warranty if its stuck. i suppose you could leave it powered on for 48hrs till it drains it self flat
  7. SUroot

hahaha. Next they'll say that the li-on batteries do not have a safety cut off and not to let them drop below 10% ;)
  8. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

I've seen the same video too which left me perplexed with my friends tales of his work colleague. They're meant to be quite sturdy despite them being very thin and light.
  9. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

10. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

11. SUroot

Hmmmm. Quad core.

Edit.. Yeah it says quad. rumour though
  12. Rastaman-FB

i cant imagine it being dual when htc and lg have also announced quads.
    samsung will battle to say at the front as it took them a while to get there
  13. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

What are all your thoughts on getting the first generation of quad core phones?

You not worried?
  14. SUroot

Not worried at all. I'm an early adopter of many things...

End of the day its just a processor.
  15. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Maybe I worry for nothing, I like to know everything about what I'm getting :)
  16. SUroot

17. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is all this talk about dual core/quad core overlooking something? Surely it depends on what you plan to do with your phone?

For example: If you're into heavy gaming or perhaps video editing then yes I can see the advantages of having multiple cores, but I'd rather use my PC for that. On the other hand if you're like me and just use your phone for calls, texts and surfing the web, then it's not going to make that much difference really.

My desire is only a single core and does everything I ask of it with ease. I certainly have no complaints in the speed department.

For me, a new phone should be stable, have expandable memory, good battery life and have the probability of a good dev community.
  18. SUroot

19. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

20. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

21. SUroot

I'd love one as it looks cool but the raspberry pi is much cheaper.... and British
  22. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

23. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Don't notice much that's British made nowadays.
  24. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I was looking at the HTC one x, the only thing putting me off is no sd card slot. Nice large internal memory though but looking at the Lg optimus 4x HD this has 16gb internal with an sd card slot able to use 64gb cards, looks the better option to me
  25. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

But it's LG.