• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats best for batt...emial push, or ??

I have been dealing with this issue myself.

I found it best to not use push. I noticed that the email app started using a lot of battery power. Above both display and system standby. And using "Watchdog", the com.android.email app was using far more cpu time then anything else.

But once I went in and changed the setting from push to pull every 15m, my battery life increase considerably. The email app no longer uses as much cpu resources (uses very little cpu time) and either no longer comes up on the battery use menu or stays at the bottom of the screen. That's a huge difference.

I didn't notice the behavior before the DI07 update, and I have not checked it since going to DI18, so I don't know if the updates caused an issue.

And my email is setup to sync with my companies exchange server.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones