What's best way to watch movies from Google Play on my TV?Support

Last Updated:

1. Fred G. Vader

Fred G. Vader Well-Known Member

What's the easiest and most hassle free way you guys have found to watch movies on your big screen TV via the Galaxy Note i.e. movies that you have either ripped from DVD and saved to your Note or rented from Google Play on your Note?

2. ryandelman

ryandelman Well-Known Member

I almost spit soda out my nose just now when I noticed (in your profile) that one of your devices is a rape whistle.

Sorry; back to the point of the this thread, which if answered might actually be worthy of being Stickied, since I bet this is a question a lot of peeps would like a solid answer to moving fwd.

3. aajimmyd

aajimmyd Member

I just bought a hdtv adapter which plugs into the phone and allows you to mirror whatever is on your phone to the tv. The only problem I have had is with Att-Uverse. Att-uverse does not allow mirroring so I canceled my subscription. I ordered from Amazon (OEM HDMI to Micro-USB/MHL) and it cost $29. Well worth it!!
    Fred G. Vader likes this.
  4. Fred G. Vader

Fred G. Vader Well-Known Member

I was looking at one of these on Amazon just as your post hit my email! I think this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
  5. SAberDroid

SAberDroid Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, what were you trying to mirror on your U-Verse? I thought mirroring was to see stuff from one device on another? We're you trying to hook it to a slingbox or something? Just curious is all.
  6. animeware

animeware Well-Known Member

Check out this link mate I think you will find this handy
    Convert Itunes M4v To Galaxy Note Mp4 | iTunes video to Android Tablet

The link provide is a way to convert .M4V Itunes Movies onto Samsung Galaxy Note meaning you can download movies on ITunes and transfer it to Note I haven't test it out my self yet....

There is 100% App on Android Market Called "Crackle" just like Netflix and it's 100% Free you can watch Movies, TV Shows too.. Really neat app.... I like it. ;)
    Ridgerunner665 likes this.
  7. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

You payed a lot.

Amazon.com: MHL Adapter Micro USB to HDMI TV-Out HDTV for Samsung Infuse 4G, Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (Non-Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories
  8. aajimmyd

aajimmyd Member

Your right. Mirroring should allow me to see whatever is on my phone on my TV. Im just simply saying that if you try to mirror the Uverse app it will not display on the TV. Either At&t or U-Verse has a lock on it.
  9. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Crackle tip...its like free NetFlix (with commercials)
  10. SAberDroid

SAberDroid Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhh now it makes sense... Ty for the clarification.
  11. johnb41

johnb41 Well-Known Member

You're able to view purchased Play movies on YouTube. So if you have a web browser enabled TV, then I suppose you could watch that way. Devices like Google TV, Boxee Box, Roku, etc all have web browsers, and probably also YouTube apps.

I have Google TV and Boxee Box, but never actually tried this. Interestingly, Google TV is actually better suited to renting off of Amazon. I'll have to check, but I don't think it's really tied into the Play movies yet. So that's why I say you need to go to Youtube.com or use a Youtube app.

Of course this would only be a free solution if you already have one of these devices. :)
  12. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member

13. johnb41

johnb41 Well-Known Member

Have you tried this product yet? One of the comments on the link says for "him" it doesn't work on the Note. If you get this, could you post back just to confirm if it does or does not work?
  14. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member

Says in the specs that Galaxy Note is supported and Cable Matters is a trusted brand so i'll take their word. I will be getting the cable soon though i just bought a bunch of other stuff OTG Host Cable, Media Bridge charge cable , Amazon Pen for my mothers iPAD, Arctic Headphones and Kinovo speaker. My budget cant afford anymore yet but next week i'll get the Cable Matters MHL and let you know first hand how it works out. That or you can get it yourself before then and if you have problem Amazon gives you 30 days to send it back so there is no risk.