Whats best?

Last Updated:

1. dumbteentarget

dumbteentarget Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everybody! I just got a D1 today from a buddy. I had an Ally that was rooted and totally ramped up and wanna do the same thing with this droid before i go using it as my primary phone. I dont want to spend days and days reading this forum before i find the best ROM out there so can someone point me in the direction of the fastest yet stable ROM? For my Ally, there were only 2 ROMs that really stood out from all the rest but it seems there are tons for the D1.. i mean heck, its been out quite a bit longer. Anyways, thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Search the forums, topics like this are made daily..............

Phobos likes this.
  3. Phobos

Phobos Member

Download Rom Manager(the paid one) and check out the Roms you can get just from that app. There are at least 8 different ROMs that you can play with in there. Start with something basic like Sapphire and then move into a more advanced one.

The only way to know what ROM is best for your phone is to flash them. Each ROM and kernel combo act different on different phones. Ultra Low Voltage kernels and my phone do not like each other, but I have a friend who is running Chevy's 1.2 ULV stable.

When you feel more comfortable with ROM Manager and flashing in general you can move into more complex, or newer ROMs. I am running D1-MIUI 6.3 and love it.

Get to know your phone, it's likes and dislikes and you will find a good ROM for you.

--EDIT: D1-MIUI 6.4

4. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get the Rom Manager (paid one) for my droid 1 and it won't install.. what should I do?

5. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

i like simply stunning rom i use it on my gf's droid

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Keep in mind that the Ultimate Droid ROMs in ROM Manager are OLD. Do NOT use them. For stability and simplicity I would recommend Bugless Beast v0.5 and if you like the stock look with loads of customizations try The Ultimate Droid 1.0 (if you can find it :rolleyes: )

7. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

i tried UltimateDroid 1.0.0 and really liked it, but the bug that prevents the notification LED from flashing was a deal breaker for me. when they get that fixed i will give it another shot, but until then BuglessBeast 0.5 is treating me well.

8. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Notification LEDs worked perfectly for me in UD 1.0. I'm back on CM RC3 now though.

9. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

You should start your own thread instead of trying to hijack someone elses...