What's comming to metropcs

Last Updated:

1. mjlove209

mjlove209 Well-Known Member

I wonder why won't adobe be available for the newer android. Why???

Advertisement
  2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

G0oing to buy 2 S3 omg metro why you trying to break me again. :eek:
  3. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Ics has flash lol
  4. Gomez025

Gomez025 Well-Known Member

The Samsung lightray exterior features will be exactly like the Droid charge. 4.3 screen super AMOLED, 8MP camera with 1.3 front face. The droid charge for verizon came in with a 2.2 OS with a 1GHz processor with 2GB internal storage, and 512 MB of RAM and ROM. Now what I'm looking at is the "lightray" or as some called it "admire 4G" will come with 2.3 Gingerbread OS with a chance of OTA update and it will carry a 1GHz processor. If they managed to make this a dual-core, then it's definitely something to look forward in buying. But think of this, for the price of this phone and the longevity of the model, for now I'd rather wait for the S3 as it will have all the latest features including a 4.8" screen with ICS that we're all dying for plus the fact that the S3 is the first phone of the latest release that Metro is getting their hands right after the "bigger guys". I'm expecting the S3 to be at least $399 considering the Indulge was $399 (which was lame). Plus it's the Esteem's next REAL competition. :thumbup:
  5. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

It will have a 4.5" super amoled lcd screen

1.2ghz cpu (dual core info, not sure waiting on more info)

1g of ram possible upgrade (to be determined)

8mp camera rear / 1.3mp camera front

with dyle tv

S3 will be worth the wait, unless those wouldn't want to spend a lot on their device. The lightray is up there in price too. But still will be a great phone. Great replacement for the Esteem imo.
  6. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Actually the S3 will be close to what he is guessing..

customers wanted the better phones, metro listened and is supplying.

dev's will probably get the s3 or lightray. and if none of the new phones, they'll stick with what they have now, which I doubt that. :smokingsomb::D
  7. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

just looked at the sprint website and the non contract Gs3 price tag is $599 for the 32gb version and $549 for the 16gb version. even lower than amazon.

so maybe we will see a sub $600 in tact gs3 for metro.

[quote="
  8. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yes sir you are right definitely sub $600 price
  9. Gomez025

Ugh...need..........to keep...............saving!
  10. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I started already :D
  11. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

[quote="
  12. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

[quote="
  13. Gomez025

[quote="
  14. Martin714

Martin714 Well-Known Member

well its been confirmed by out friend aere tht the phone will not have any specs lowered and will be around 559$
  15. Kid09

Kid09 Well-Known Member

[quote="
  16. Gomez025

Awesome, is there a a source that confirms it if so, can you link us that source? That'd be great man thanks for that heads up.
  17. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

^^educated guesses
  18. Gomez025

Hmm for $559 without ANY specs lowered is mighty interesting. This could be the first phone for Metro that's not watered down in any way if they remain the specs to be the same, which I would understand the pricing. Guess I gotta stay posted from my rep and see what happens.
  19. BRIAN5337

BRIAN5337 Well-Known Member

Looks like another educated GUESS..LOL:D
  20. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Lg motion will be $149. just to give you an idea of the new phone cost :) not as bad as you would think!
  21. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

You sure? I watch netflix all the time. Will not give that up. :mad:
  22. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Hotspot as of now will only be available on the 50/60 4Glte plans. Metro is going to make sure the hotspot feature isn't 'abused'.

If there is a heavy amount of users where using their device(s) for unlimited teethering, that would consume a mass amount of bandwith and in the end would have a bad experience for all by eatting up the bandwith and slowing down the 4G speeds.

Sad to hear but it does make a lot of sense.
    Corootai, mike28 and Gomez025 like this.
  23. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

[quote="
  24. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

I doubt that the S3 would be dumbed down. I think Samsung is really gunning for that Apple-like idea of a "premium" handset. Look how they got the larger carriers to release the same phone (aside from a few differences in the cellular radios). I think that when the S3 comes to Metro it will be the same S3 we've seen to this point. Anyway there are all the other phones in the lower range of Samsung's line up to cover the watering down.
  25. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Yes the Samsung Galaxy S Lighray will have an 8mp camera. :)
    OptiC-ShotS likes this.