Whats everyone think so far?General

Last Updated:

1. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I evaluate all these phones for my company. Just got this today and like it. Way better then the Nexus. Only problem I have is Verizon. I switch phones all the time and just move my sim from phone to phone. Now I have to give everyone another number. I will not port because I love the felxibilty to switch to Iphone, Galaxy S or whatever hot GSM phoe comes out next such as the iphone 4g. I really hate cdma technology. I do travel gloably twice a year the incredible will stay home :( Other then that the phone is awesome. Best android yet. Opinions?

Advertisement
  2. kraftykarin

kraftykarin New Member

I just got my incredible yesterday and I love love love it. I had the Droid but didn't like the slide out keyboard. I just wish they had the accessories for this phone already! grrrr

3. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I had the Eris, and I really liked it. But thanks to an Incredible deal I had the opportunity to only pay $99 for the Inc, and I couldn't say no. It was everything I was happy about with the Eris but better...faster. I'm happy with it. I didn't get the WOW factor, because the software looked and functioned like the Eris did (I was running the 2.1 leak), but still it's pretty spiffy.

4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Well-Known Member

Just call verizon or log into your verizon account. you can change phones. I do it all the time.

5. Richard371

Ok I found a problem. At my office I have 1 to 3 bars Verizon. Went to the bathroom in the center of the bldg and it switched to 1X. Now fo rthe last hour at my desk it will not switch back to 3g. i even went out side and no 3G. I am sure i can reboot but i want it to work on its own.

6. Trojita

Trojita Active Member

Did you try and access any data for the phone? I heard that the phone won't use 3g sometimes if the data isn't needed.

7. subar

subar Member

I efffing love this phone! And I'm posting this with the incredible.

8. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member

I think it's alright...nothing has really blown me out of the water about it, though. The battery life is really bringing me down I think... I'm hoping it gets better but not holding my breath...

9. vaxick

vaxick Well-Known Member

I love everything about the phone except the OLED screen.

10. veloslave

veloslave Banned

This a very feature packed phone that given a little time... when the amazing and generous developers start cooking up some custom ROM/roots/firmware... with this processor and hardware will be an unbeatable phone for a long time, especially considering Wimmo 7 is dropping the ball so bad.

For me a longtime Verizon customer, it is the best and almost only choice for the power user/IT professional considering MS is closing doors and Android Is wide open.

Two days in and petty happy... yes the battery is a concern but that will sort it self out

Velo

11. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

It's been activated for about 6 hrs now, so far I'm liking it.

12. Opivyattack

Opivyattack Well-Known Member

I like almost everything about it. The only thing that I would have liked to see is a wider screen. When it was announced as a 3.7" screen, I assumed that the screen would be larger than my ipod but that is not true. It is taller but it is also skinner. Would have really been nice for it to have been the same width as the ipod/iphone even if it meant adding a little extra weight and losing a little battery power.

13. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I absolutely love this phone! Much better than ANYTHING I've ever had. Also, my roommate is JEALOUS and he has an iPhone. When I had my Samsung Omnia 2, he didn't even care about it. Now since I've gotten this, he wants to keep comparing and trying to be all like "Oh well you look at this, I can (blah blah blah), can your phone do this?" I say "Well duh. Oh Well you look at this, I can have Pandora and play a game at the same time. It's a revolutionary feature!"

14. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

i find myself using some tape to take all the prints and particles off the screen at the end of the day (works awesome)... that's what i think of this phone. :)

also, my fiancee was using her iphone earlier today to look at a menu on a restaurants website... the menu wouldn't load. i grabbed the incredible and yes, everything loaded perfectly. heheh

15. kyle1745

kyle1745 Well-Known Member

So far really impressed... I had a tour, and have had a lot of other phones, storm, 8830 etc.

Leaving BB was very tough and I miss BBM and the profiles, but the other things Incredible does so well so far make up for it.

Speed - this phone is wicked fast and never hesitates
    Browser - is the first usable browser on a phone I have seen... (im sure the Moto Driod is fine as well)
    Screen - is crisp and clear though not very viewable on a sunny day outside
    Apps - tons of apps and many to tifx minor things missing from the OS (custom notifications by person)
    Battery - really too soon to tell but I think they skimped a little on the battery. 1300ma is a little small. I may try the 1750 at some point but will give it a week or so.

16. rabaker07

rabaker07 Member

Wait? Did I hear you correctly? Did you spend too much time in the paint store?

The AMOLED screen is one of the VERY BEST things about this phone!

17. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

heck yeah!!! i don't even know what the complaint is about in sunlight. sure, there's glare, just like there is on every other piece of glass you have out in the sun. i don't have a problem seeing the screen AT ALL unless i'm actually seeing the sun reflection in my screen. I tilt the phone ever so slightly toward me then and i see the screen perfectly. kind of an over-hyped complaint if ya ask me.

18. mzlou2

mzlou2 Active Member

I switched from a palm pre plus and I couldn't be happier. I was afraid i would miss webOS, but Android is great...way more apps and much more customizable. This phone is way faster than the palm and does so much more...I have no regrets!

19. krispy_mobile

krispy_mobile Well-Known Member

I also left Blackberry (Bold w/AT&T). I agree with your assessment so far. Unless something goes wrong, I expect to be very happy to have dropped both BB and AT&T.

Battery is the most disappointing issue so far for me. I can live with it and also my go with extended.

I expected a bit more integration with google stuff, such as google voice/gmail/picasa with phone/contact list/pictures.

Still need to look into having geotagged photos go to picasa and google maps. Also still need to play with tasker beta and setup profiles based on location and time of day.

Would have liked a bit more width. Absolutely love the speed and multi-tasking. No deal-breaker complaints and plenty of grins.

20. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

+1. I had the Palm Pre Plus for like 3 weeks and it took a while to open up any apps. Typing on the Incredible is so much easier with the onscreen keyboard since it also includes Swype. :)

21. rphusker

rphusker Member

I love it. I switched from a MDroid that I loved and only had for 3 weeks. I returned it under the 30 day return policy when I started reading this forum and some others ref the DINC. Tough decision to return something your happy with but I know now I made the right decision

22. Contempt

Contempt Well-Known Member

I had an Eris and loved that phone. This is just like the Eris but with more kick.

I didn't use my Eris to multitask, because when I got calls it would lag. This phone can handle all I have thrown at it so far and remains fast and fluid.

Like the built in FM tuner as well. I know it's not a big deal, but the fact that they added it when it's not a really big deal says alot about the Android manufacturers.

Didn't need 8 MP camera, but they added that too.

To me that just shows that this is only the very beginning of what will ultimately be a very large marketshare.

Can't wait to see the Android phones 5 years from now. Netbooks and laptops will be a thing of the past.

23. Kawinght

Kawinght Active Member

My wife and I both Purchased The Incred last night. We love them! I'm still learning it and probly will be for a while.

24. Richard371

Is swype built in?

25. droidnewbie1965

droidnewbie1965 New Member

i just ordered mine today! it has shipped and scheduled to arrive monday! i had the lg envtouch, so i'm pretty excited!!!!