its been erroring out all day

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
    EarlyMon likes this.
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

We're really sorry about that and appreciate your patience. :eek:

Admin was alerted to the problem at around 6 AM EST, it's been a chase all day, but it is being worked on.

If you have any long or critical posts, please remember to select-all and copy before submitting.

Again - sorry for the inconvenience and frustration.
  3. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

I just haven't herd anyone ask about it today and was just really curious. My comp is acting up today and I wasn't sure if it was just me or everyone... but then again my phone and tablet wouldn't connect ether so it led me to believe it was everyone.
  4. EarlyMon

Yeah, I was surprised by the lack of complaints - but then again, the same issue could be throwing the complaints into the bit bucket and so we're not seeing them.

Glad you posted this!! :)
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hopefully it will be back to right shortly
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. EarlyMon

As you can imagine, I can't interrupt to ask progress, but as soon as I get word, will let you all know. :)
  7. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

it actually errored out when i hit post... wasnt really sure at first if the tread got posted... it was reallt bad this morning but it seems to be getting better now.
  8. EarlyMon

Yeah, I was actually one of the first hit by this morning's transient (Murphy's luck lol) and that one lasted 65 minutes.

Confidentially, some staff members have recommended that we replace our server hamsters with caffeine-crazed squirrels for higher energy and I think there's a lot of merit to that idea myself!! :) :)
  9. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

just make sure you have a hot female squirrel and an unreachable nut for the squirrel to chase after! hahaha
  10. DragonSlayer95

Haha! Nice one :p

It actually started with me this morning around 6am and couldn't jump back on till nearly 10am and it's been spotty since then until now. I've been on here 15 minutes straight with no interruption :eek:
    badblue1 and EarlyMon like this.
  11. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Lost 3 posts due to this ah well
    EarlyMon likes this.
  12. EarlyMon

Ah - by request from my inbox - Is this the result of a security breech?

Nope, that's not an issue.

From admin - nginx is a web server app that can also function as a proxy server.

And while I've not seen it yet today, you may also see a MySQL 2006 error.

The 2006 error says that there was a network issue that kept our front-end user interface (GUI) from connecting on time with the back-end database (where the posts are really stored). And we've monitored a few of those lately - just saying.

So, this is all some sort of IT problem.

Hope this helps! :)
    dan330, ocnbrze, Xyro and 5 others like this.
  13. EarlyMon

Please accept my thanks on your posts as thanks for reporting your issue and sorry that this bit you. :eek:
    ocnbrze, badblue1 and DragonSlayer95 like this.
  14. DragonSlayer95

A couple extra thanks is acceptable :D thanks for keeping us updated with the Info. :thumbup:
  15. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL * VIP Member

I was wondering what was going on, never seen that error before. I had trouble off and on all day yesterday.

It also happened this morning about 6:00 am, seems fine now.

Thanks for the info ...i'm glad it wasn't on my end!
    ocnbrze and EarlyMon like this.
  16. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

ocnbrze likes this.
  17. EarlyMon

Yep, but this latest round is being persnickity with us.

Admin advised of that earlier transient this morning.
  18. badblue1

Probably a dumb question, but how would one go about reporting something like this? , email or is there another way?

TIA
    EarlyMon likes this.
  19. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Not a dumb question at all! Probably the best thing to do is check out this forum: Suggestion Box & Feedback - Android Forums and see if it has been reported or not. If not, create a thread describing the issue you see. That forum gets monitored pretty actively by the Big Guys, so they will see it and respond very quickly.
    ocnbrze, badblue1 and EarlyMon like this.
  20. EarlyMon

I purposefully left the discussion here, admin is already aware.

Normally, the suggestion box is the right place.

It's hard to post about the site being down when the site is down.

If you would like to alert admin of special needs, you can email androidforums.com@gmail.com or drop me a line via PM and I'll see to it that the right folks are brought in for you.
    ocnbrze, 9to5cynic, badblue1 and 6 others like this.
  21. badblue1

Thanks for responding guys ... right after that last post i made, i went to all things root subforum and it happened again!

I was trying to get back to this page but kept getting that error message, i tried but could not get back to the site on any page.

Are you aware that there was still a problem about an hour ago?
    ocnbrze likes this.
  22. EarlyMon

Yes, absolutely. We're monitoring it as closely as possible and kicking it in the side when that happens until it's properly fixed.
    ocnbrze and badblue1 like this.
  23. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Perhaps, just maybe, you are kicking it in the wrong spot. Aim straight on and a tad lower.
    ocnbrze and EarlyMon like this.
  24. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I've notice it yesterday but just a few minutes ago, I received that error screen again.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  25. DragonSlayer95

At least it's no where near as bad as yesterday. Just here and there today :D
    EarlyMon likes this.