What's going on? pls helpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So after all my excitement to get this phone I am a little stressed out now because I have hit a few problems..

1. My phone won't sleep, I tried stopping every process, sync, and gps,wifi,mobile data etc.. and it still has the same up time and awake time. I even factory reset it and after just turning it on I still have the problem (no apps or anything)

2. When I turn the wifi on it connects but it wont get internet and it shuts down the internet for all my computers already connected.

Did I get a defective phone?

Advertisement
  2. MrGoodCat

MrGoodCat Well-Known Member

what? sorry but your phone can't boot your other computers off you wifi. that would be your wifi routers fault!

my phone sleeps fine, so can't help ya there. i assume though by "stopping process" you mean toggling you gps, wifi, mobile network. if so then i'd take it into a store and see what they say. i know i toggle my mobile network and i now get roughly 3 days of average use outa my stock bat...but then again i don't use wifi, gps, bluetooth, etc.

3. pkmn760

Yes I know, I was trying to say that my phone causes my router to get messed up with in turn resets or something (i havent rly looked into this problem to be honest just noticed it was occuring)

Ya I think I will take it in tomorrow and see whats up. After some browsing around on these forums I have noticed there is an issue with the phone not sleeping primarily due to gmail or calelndar sync issues. Although my problem might be something else : /

4. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

What third party apps have you installed.

5. pkmn760

None as of my factory reset : /

6. pkmn760

could it be because its on the charger? and maybe it doesnt sleep while charging?

7. dt_

dt_ Well-Known Member

NOOB QUESTION HERE:

What does it mean for the phone to "sleep"? Does that just mean to press the lock button on the top and have the screen turn off? Or is it something more than that?

Thanks! :)

8. pkmn760

Well when you lock it on top the phone should go into a sleep mode (much like a computer) but the issue im having is although the screen is off the phone thinks it is still on and is running everything as if I were still useing it