1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

What's happened to Reckless Racing / Deliverace?

Last Updated:

1. monkeyhat

monkeyhat Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know what happened to this title? I'm really looking forward to it but, looking around the web, people were saying it was pretty-much finished in June or July. Now it's September. Wah!

In case you missed out on the videos: pixelbite - news

Advertisement
  2. diS

diS Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm looking forward to that game!
    Been watching there site for a couple of months now, but it looks like they've fallen asleep...

I hope we'll hear something from them soon though!

3. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

My guess, since EA is now involved in the project, is that this game will be released as an exclusive app for a yet-to-be-released Android device. Just like how Need For Speed: Shift is exclusive to the Droid X. Although I am looking forward to this game, I am not holding my breath for an Android release anytime soon.

This game will probably go to iOS devices first, then to a specific Android device at a later date. This sucks, but my prediction doesn't seem too farfetched as EA just doesn't seem all that interested in exploiting the Android Market. Actually, I noticed that EA has pulled all of their games from the Android Market (at least on my EVO running stock 2.2) during the last week or so...

4. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

EA is stupid. They claimed that their Android app weren't profitable, yet they don't put their apps in the market. You can't even find Android apps on their own website!

5. monkeyhat

Looks like this has made it to Palm OS now (which to the upset of iPhone users).

Reckless Racing | PreCentral.net

Although that's the only site that seems to mention it. At least that means it's not iOS only. Wonder when it'll reach Android?

6. monkeyhat

Yay!

From Pixelbites Facebook:

7. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to try this game.

8. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Yes! This is GREAT news! I will be downloading this as soon as it pops up in the Market...

9. monkeyhat

10. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

it is here^^ but only for Europe, USA coming soon

11. Dan Fury

Dan Fury Well-Known Member

Just played it, first impressions show beautiful graphics with way to less content (one sitting on the toilet is enough to see everything) and faked online Multiplayer (You can win the race, but in the results you can be last, they just compare the whole racing time), but all in all, it is a great game.

12. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

I've only played for a couple of minutes so far, but it is obvious that a whole lotta love and care was put into this game by polarbit. I am still getting used to the controls but, graphically, this is one of the best Android games I've played so far. Hopefully, this game will get the attention and sales it deserves...

13. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I'm extremely surprised at how the game runs on my Hero (oc'd to 768). It's only slightly jittery and the controls are very responsive. The graphics are great although it's obvious that they're optimized for the higher resolution phones as it's a bit grainy on my screen. Overall it runs better than any other game I've played with similar graphics, definitely a keeper.