• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's happened to Reckless Racing / Deliverace?

My guess, since EA is now involved in the project, is that this game will be released as an exclusive app for a yet-to-be-released Android device. Just like how Need For Speed: Shift is exclusive to the Droid X. Although I am looking forward to this game, I am not holding my breath for an Android release anytime soon.

This game will probably go to iOS devices first, then to a specific Android device at a later date. This sucks, but my prediction doesn't seem too farfetched as EA just doesn't seem all that interested in exploiting the Android Market. Actually, I noticed that EA has pulled all of their games from the Android Market (at least on my EVO running stock 2.2) during the last week or so...

Upvote 0
Just played it, first impressions show beautiful graphics with way to less content (one sitting on the toilet is enough to see everything) and faked online Multiplayer (You can win the race, but in the results you can be last, they just compare the whole racing time), but all in all, it is a great game.

Upvote 0
I'm extremely surprised at how the game runs on my Hero (oc'd to 768). It's only slightly jittery and the controls are very responsive. The graphics are great although it's obvious that they're optimized for the higher resolution phones as it's a bit grainy on my screen. Overall it runs better than any other game I've played with similar graphics, definitely a keeper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones