What's it doing!?

Last Updated:

1. Mr. Monkey

Mr. Monkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Since you installed SPRecovery, just restore your last nandroid backup and you're back to stock. Then figure out what you did wrong from there. Maybe try a different ROM.

3. Mr. Monkey

I havent been able to get back into SPRecovery.
    If i hold up on the dpad and power on I can get it to connect to RSD Lite.
    But thats it.

4. aneki

aneki Active Member

Hold X on keyboard during startup to enter sprecovery. If you didnt make a nandroid backup youll need to borrow a clean one from someone. Always backup

5. Mr. Monkey

Thanks for the help. But let me be a little more specific this time. Sorry for not clarifying the first time, I was just freaking out. So... I got a new phone, but they put the old SD card in my new phone. I followed How to Root from 2.1 guide, and it worked fine up until I chose my rom. I downloaded the CM Remix, renamed it update.zip (made sure it wasnt update.zip.zip). Turned off my phone, holding x I started it up. It booted into a recovery. I figured it was SPRecovery, but now I'm doubting that. I looked on my SD card and I still have a ClockWorkMod folder on there. Anyways... I allowed the update.zip and installed it. It said it worked fine. No problems. Then during startup it has the custom CyanogenMod boot logo. From there it just kept rebooting. I couldnt turn it off or anything. So, I pulled the battery, and tried power + X but it didnt work. So I pulled the battery again and tried power + dpad up, and it worked. I then reflashed the 2.1 sbf, it succeeded. Then when powering on again it did the boot logo (with the same custom boot logo). So, I tried my last resort for now... 2.0.1 sbf. So now my phone is back on and working.

I'm just really confused as to what went wrong. Could it be that there were some left overs from ClockWork that may have confused the recovery??

Scary moment for me. Sorry about the panic and lack of detail :D I'm sure you will understand.

6. Mr. Monkey

Well... it happened again. I restored to 2.0.1, then to the pre-rooted 2.1. Then I installed ROM Manager, and downloaded the remix rom, and it started up into ClockWork and said the install was successful. Then I rebooted and got the boot loop again.

What am I doing wrong? This time I made a backup of the rooted 2.1, and when the ROM failed I tried to backup to that but it said "no file found" when I tried to choose the backup I made. So I had to go start all over. Back to 2.0.1, then to rooted 2.1.

Any ideas?

7. jgkelly

jgkelly Well-Known Member

get the 2.2 rom ,i use nextheme version by fab. it is very fast. you want regret it. it takes a while for it to run properly.it is very slow at first but it want last too long.

8. Mr. Monkey

This is actually my company phone... but being the addict that i am, i can't stay away from rooting. I figured the ONLY decent excuse i have for rooting a company phone is to get the email signature that comes in the newest CM. :D

That's why I'm trying to stick with the remix. Any ideas as to why this isn't working for me? Should I wipe anything first? I would love to get this going tonight or tomorrow.