Whats my best option for Game Controller? If any......

Last Updated: 2012-09-08 13:18:40
  1. Walky

Walky New Member

Ive gone thru all the posts on this subject and found no help for my needs.

Heres the rundown. I have a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Proclaim (not rooted) with Android 2.3.6 (gingerbread). I want to know what (if any) options I have for getting a game controller (any kind) to work for my phone. I have tried the Wii Remote app and it will not work for my phone, so thats out of the running (untill they fix it). I really dont want to root my phone (its my business phone aswell). I want to use it for playing Jhon NES, GENPLUSDroid and Inotia3 (if Inotia has support, but its ok if not) and CS Portable. So I have some basic questions for my little "quest".

1.) What game controller should I consider? (Wii is out, but I can get an PS3 or Xbox360 if needed, I have a Nostromo N45 USB Game pad)

2.)What connection options should I consider? (buy a USB OTG or find something with Bluetooth?)

3.) Is there an App that I can use that is free? Or will I need to buy one? (I realy dont want to get something that will require me to root my phone)

I really just want to do some basic gaming when Im on the road, but I dont like the "on-screen" controls and I dont really want to do alot of mods or to drop much money. I found USB OTG for under $3 online and getting a Xbox360 or PS3 controller from a friend will not be a problem. What are my options? I would love any useful info.

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I use the ps3 controller with mine without issues. check out the sixaxis controller app it'll tell you if you are compatible

It may be root only though. Using a controller is mostly a root only thing
  3. xTmDarren

xTmDarren Well-Known Member

agree.. the ps3 controller is the best right now.. Mostly bc of how great the Sixaxis app works... Otherwise I'm a playstation hater :p
  4. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

Sixaxis is root only.

However, games like Dead Trigger, shadow gun, rip tide gp and a few others have built in adaptors for using a wired ps3 controller. Not sure if your phone can handle the games though? Buy yourself a cheap otg cable, download dead Trigger and then connect controller to phone with your cables and set options in the game to static game pad. See if it works.
    Rxpert83 likes this.