What's my old Dinc worth?General

1. Hey, guys. I just got a new phone, and it's time to say good-bye to my old Dinc. I'm wondering what would be a reasonable asking price for it.

I got it in January '11 as a refurb from Verizon. It functions perfectly. The casing has taken some knocks, but the screen is almost perfect, apart from one very small scratch. It's also rooted.

I wouldn't be selling the microSD card with it, but the charging cord and battery would be included.

I'm assuming it's probably not worth too much since it's been well-used, and looks it. But maybe there's some dev out there or a new/frugal smartphone user who would like it.

What do ya think?

Advertisement
    :
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

It's such a great phone and worth so little on the market... why not store it for an emergency backup? Just a thought. I loved my Dinc so that I cleaned it, pulled the battery, and put it back in it's box. Perhaps that rainy day will never come that I need it again but I KNOW it will do a marvelous job in a pinch.
  3. Yeah, you might be right. I'm seeing used Dincs in better shape than mine going for 30 bucks. I don't need 30 bucks that bad. :p

I don't think I could use Skype with it anymore, since Verizon hooks it in to your minutes. Or could I use it on WiFi?

There's still other stuff out there like What's App and Line 2, so I suppose it would make a good emergency phone with some finagling and a WiFi connection.
  4. micallen

micallen Well-Known Member