• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's next for AT&T?

I think AT&T's plan is to catch up with and overtake the other wireless companies(but isn't that always the plan, lol?). They were the exclusive retailer of the globally-revered iPhone for a while, but the other guys had the jump on 4G and a variety of cool devices from other manufacturers.
Now that everybody's got the iPhone, AT&T is trying to build up their faster, but seriously limited 4G network, to keep up with the Joneses. I'm happy, yet at the same time a bit sad that AT&T is coming out with some sweet Android smartphones nowadays- happy 'cause I love Androids, sad 'cause I can't port my unlimited data plan along with my phone number from VZW to AT&T. Cest la vie.

Upvote 0
I'm still on the lookout for a new AT&T phone. Leaning towards the Nitro, but not too interested in a device that gets no love (support)

HTC Elite is suppose to come out in April ish, and the Note is coming sometime in Q2 2012. Not too happy about the choices, but AT&T has the best speeds for me in this area.

I'm tempted to import a Note, but I can't justify paying 700 dollars for a phone. Especially since the new AMD 7000 series is being released in January (I'm due for a graphics card upgrade)

Overall, I think I'm mostly worried about the fact that the Nitro is going to have no resale value. The skyrocket might have some (Especially the white) but I'm sitting here using a Dell u2711 monitor (2560x1440 res IPS) so there's no way I can stare at a screen that has such a low PPI

Anyways, I'll post back if I find out anything new.

Cheers as always :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones