• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats the BEST browser?

robles4242

Sep 14, 2014
USA
Im wondering everyone's favorite browser for Android? I was using Chrome as it came on my phone, I then switched to Firefox because it's what I use on my PC. I found Firefox to operate the best, except when it came to bookmarks. You couldn't organize them or make folders and that really irritated me. I switched to Dolphin, which I love the bookmarks, I can make folders and organize things the way I want. But Dolphin has a problem remembering passwords, it chooses here and there where it wants to work. It also has some pages that will just not work right or even allow me to type in some fields where if I go back to Firefox it works fine.

So, what's everyone find as the best? I need to be able to organize bookmarks, I like websites remembering passwords, and I like the on the fly switch between desktop and mobile view of websites. I like the visible tabs options for easy switching pages. I don't feel Dolphin is cutting it, I run into alot of times where it just unexpectedly shuts the browser app off and I loose everything. That's rather frustrating. I'm looking to test a new one out. I want to be able to transfer my bookmarks easily. When leaving Firefox I had to manually one by one copy and paste every page URL and re-bookmark them....

Unfortunately your big requirement, bookmark organisation, is one I don't care about on my phone, so I doubt my preferences will be helpful. Currently I use a mix of Firefox, NB Pro (paid version of Naked Browser) and sometimes the stock HTC browser (when I think text reflow will be important - a great feature, but I find the browser a little clumsier otherwise), occasionally Link Bubble or Floating Boat (paid feature of Boat browser) for quickly following links from other apps. But I've no idea about the bookmark organisation of any of these, because although I do that extensively on my real computers I keep very few bookmarks on my phone.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones