What's The Best Incredible Case That...Accessories

Last Updated:

1. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is relatively inexpensive, slim, and most importantly easy to get off.

I have the Verizon High Gloss Silicone case. And while I love it, it is a royal pain to get off the phone (at least for me).

I stopped using it like 6 weeks ago, and absolutely love a naked phone. My beloved Incredible, however, had a run in with a cement floor the other day, and I realized this phone is not meant to be bare. Problem is, I switch out my battery relatively often, so I really need a case that is easy to take on and off.

Any suggestions, links, etc? I have plenty of "Thanks" to give, if you know what I mean. ;)

Advertisement
  2. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

3. SeattleYanksFan

Thanks for the suggestion! I am not a fan of Seidio's business practices, however, so I would prefer almost any other company if possible.

4. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

To be honest, I just use a FlexiSkin (aka - TPU material) case and I LOVE it \.

Super easy to get on and off, doesn't add much thickness at all. Also cheap =)

But unlike silicone, it keeps its shape and doesn't start to fall off the phone.

Oh yea... they are pretty cheap if you get them on EBay. I bought a pack of 6 different color's for like $12 (free shipping). Just search for "TPU htc incredible" and you'll find a bunch.

ky90025 and SeattleYanksFan like this.
  5. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

body glove isnt thin doesnt add much weight but DOES protect the phone in many ways.

6. SeattleYanksFan

I like the sound of this. Any chance you remember the seller (or something to help me narrow it down)? When I search the above I get like 250 results.

Thanks!

EDIT: Or do you mean you picked up like 6 different ones of these, just not in the same auction --> http://cgi.ebay.com/TPU-Soft-Gel-Pl...812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f007144bc

7. Terabethia

Apparently I lied, it was 4 cases for $11 :) Still a good deal though:

PURPLE+CLR+Pink+Blue Gel Case For HTC Droid Incredible - eBay (item 180524554301 end time Aug-26-10 18:30:14 PDT)

Grrrr... that links not working. It's item number 180524554301

Those have that checkered background to them. You can also get ones that are plain. There are all sorts of them out there.

That would probably be better for you to do.

Unless you really do want that pink one... ;)

8. PossumK

PossumK Well-Known Member

The Case Mate Barely There case is not relatively inexpensive, at about $20, but it meets your other criteria very well.

9. SeattleYanksFan

Wow, can't believe I've never seen these come up. Looks awesome! My only problem is it doesn't appear to provide a ton of protection other than from scratches on the body.

I read a few people say how it is flush with the screen, so if dropped on the screen (like I did last time), it may not provide much protection.

If you have this case, have you ever dropped the phone on a hard surface? What was the result?

10. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

Innocase II Surface...1mm thick...20 bucks on ebay...slips on easily, comes off just as easy....locks in place...i'm on my second...got one for my Droid 1, and it was the first thing I got for the Incredible...

felt lined so it won't scratch the phone....

11. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Otterbox hands down.

12. PossumK

PossumK Well-Known Member

I haven't dropped the phone with the Barely There case on it yet, but I don't expect it to provide the protection of a bulkier case.

The phone was dropped when it had a Seidio Innocase II Surface from about 3+ feet onto pavement (caused by the Innocase's rubberier surface snagging on my pocket). It landed on one corner, bounced to another corner, then settled face down. The only marks were two small dings on the corners of the case where it landed and one tiny spot on my screen protector. The phone was well protected, but I got tired of the bulkiness of the Innocase.

13. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

14. SeattleYanksFan

15. Ray3rd

Ray3rd Active Member

16. Terabethia

Looks like it, just search for item number 350368047095.

But... it's basically the same TPU cases you already saw, only this one is $10 instead of $3. You can get it cheaper.

17. SeattleYanksFan

Yeah I realized that about 3 seconds ago when I read the description and saw what TPU stands for. I'll start with the $1.69 case and work my way up as necessary. ;)

18. Terabethia

Yep, that's the way to go!

For what it's worth, I did drop my phone once and it's just fine. I stumbled pulling it out of my purse and it fell maybe 3 feet on the floor of wallmart. It's just fine.

19. jwm1986

jwm1986 Well-Known Member

This is what I have been using since I got my phone. Only thing I have to say is that it isn't felt lined where it's needed, the glossy areas on the sides. Mine is pretty dull looking around the edges now because of this. I could see it doing the same on the screen also if you don't have a screen protector on.

I am considering going to the active case because of this.