• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps What's the best practice for working with database in Android?

In that case, the database can be whatever your want--DB2, mysql, postgress, big table, whatever. You just need a backend server to host the db and and associated web services for accessing the db. With that in place, all you need to do is make and POST, PUT, or GET request to the appropriate web service. There are a number of libraries, both built-in and external, that you can use to accomplish this.

Upvote 0
Have you thought of a Backend as a Service? Althought some people don't like it I think it saves a lot of time. Kinvey, Backendless or Parse (Which was buyed by facebook some time ago) are some providers. Currently I try apiomat.com which is really nice yet.

Many thanks to the hint of MPetters. I've also been looking for a solution and then I came across this post. I then tried some services and Apiomat was the best in my opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones