What's the best size tablet for school?General

1. Gorilla*

Gorilla* Well-Known Member

I'm a college student and want a tablet to use for notes at school.. but I can't decide what size would be best.. 7 inch 8 inch 9 or 10 inch...

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

I can't speak for the other sizes, but I love the portability of my Nexus 7.:)
    Caveman419 likes this.
  3. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I use a Galaxy Note 10.1 for school. It allows me to download any PowerPoints and convert them to PDF. From there I can annotate on the PDF any notes from class. I think if you go with a smaller screen it might be a little harder to take notes on, just my opinion (but I am also 6' 3" and 250lbs so I have larger hands and a small tablet it hard to be more accurate on).
    Unforgiven likes this.
  4. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

For school, I would only consider a 10" tablet. Let's face it, you already have a backpack filled with books and notepads that are physically larger anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Now if you were only walking around without that, then it'd be something to consider. I think the ability to see better on a 10" tablet would trump anything else. The Nexus 7 is cool, and I have nothing against the 7-8" form factor, just think 10" is more ideal for getting work done.
    Caveman419 likes this.
  5. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

That is some sound logic that you can not argue with.
  6. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd opt for a 10 inch tab. While I am not a student, I spend my entire days on a uni campus. While I do have a desktop and laptop in my office, my N10 is what I use to read, email, do video conferences, research on the web, make/ take notes etc. Again, personally, I'd probably find a 7 inch tab a bit too small.
  7. Bhelios

Bhelios Well-Known Member

I don't buy hardcopy textbooks any more -- strictly use electronic version (unless there is no choice). 10 inch screen is perfect (for me)... YMMV. Word docs, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoints are easily manipulated on the large screen.