• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the best way to secure a Tablet?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I was looking at my Galaxy Tab today and started wondering how to secure it properly. My phone has a passcode on it and I've got apps on it that let me wipe it remotely if it ever gets stolen. It also has Autowipe on it that wipes the phone automatically if someone enters the wrong code too many times.

With my tablet, none of this is really an option. Yet my tablet is at home all day and a burglar could easily steal it. I don't have a lock on it because my Galaxy Tab 7" won't let me put a lock on it without locking the device very single time I push the power button. My phone will lock after 15 mins of inactivity. I can turn the screen on and off all I want. My tablet locks the second the screen goes black so a lock on it with Autowipe isn't practical. Remote wiping apps are problematic as well because it's wifi only. Unless and until the bad guy puts the tablet on a wifi connection I can't wipe it.

Any ideas on how to secure this thing against theft?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones