1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

What's The Best Way To Setup For Torrents On WiFi Tether?

Last Updated:

1. loader

loader Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my new Droid X (2.2-rooted) and I have downloaded the wifi tether app from android-wifi-tether and I want to set up a secure, private connection in general for my laptop and phone as well as for downloading torrents on my laptop through my phone. I tried using the TOR/Orbit app but it's not working. I use Peerblock/Vuze on my laptop that will be handling my torrents but am not sure if that will keep me private over my wifi tether... I would think not. Please help me if you can. :D Any suggestions on configurations that would help me do this? :confused: I also just heard something about Torrent-Fu... not sure what that is yet but maybe it will help as well. Thanx

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The tether connection is very laggy, and has a huge ping time. I have never been able to download torrents while tethering.

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Ya, I don't think you should download torrents over your Tethered connection. It just sounds like trouble.

But if you are looking to use your phone to control/manage your Torrent client on your PC....I would HIGHLY recommend using Transdroid. it is better than Torrent-Fu IMHO.

4. loader

loader Member This Topic's Starter

I should have mentioned. I'm on the road a lot and sometimes my phone is my only source of an internet connection... though it is not my preferred method of downloading, it's all I have many times and I've been able to download a surprising amount of data with it. With that in mind what do you recommend? Thanx.

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't have experience with Android Torrent Clients. I only use my Android to control torrent clients that are on my Home PC.

6. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

Your just going to get flagged and account suspended if you start downloading huge files and constantly streaming.

This free tethering is for occasional use, emails, checking a few websites and things like that. You start downloading hundreds of megs and streaming its going to throw up a flag eventually.