What's The Best Way To Setup For Torrents On WiFi Tether?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by loader, Nov 13, 2010.

1. loader

loader Member

Nov 13, 2010
    I just got my new Droid X (2.2-rooted) and I have downloaded the wifi tether app from android-wifi-tether and I want to set up a secure, private connection in general for my laptop and phone as well as for downloading torrents on my laptop through my phone. I tried using the TOR/Orbit app but it's not working. I use Peerblock/Vuze on my laptop that will be handling my torrents but am not sure if that will keep me private over my wifi tether... I would think not. Please help me if you can. :D Any suggestions on configurations that would help me do this? :thinking: I also just heard something about Torrent-Fu... not sure what that is yet but maybe it will help as well. Thanx

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    The tether connection is very laggy, and has a huge ping time. I have never been able to download torrents while tethering.

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Ya, I don't think you should download torrents over your Tethered connection. It just sounds like trouble.

But if you are looking to use your phone to control/manage your Torrent client on your PC....I would HIGHLY recommend using Transdroid. it is better than Torrent-Fu IMHO.

4. loader

loader Member

Nov 13, 2010
    I should have mentioned. I'm on the road a lot and sometimes my phone is my only source of an internet connection... though it is not my preferred method of downloading, it's all I have many times and I've been able to download a surprising amount of data with it. With that in mind what do you recommend? Thanx.

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Sorry, I don't have experience with Android Torrent Clients. I only use my Android to control torrent clients that are on my Home PC.

6. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    The Dog Pound.
    Your just going to get flagged and account suspended if you start downloading huge files and constantly streaming.

This free tethering is for occasional use, emails, checking a few websites and things like that. You start downloading hundreds of megs and streaming its going to throw up a flag eventually.