whats the deal-eo?Support

Last Updated:

1. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

SO. if 'smart' phones are so computer like then why dont they work like one? why cant i go to pokerstars.com and download the software so i can play real money poker on my cell? why cant i download limewire or frostwire etc and download like a real p2p? why not be able to download anything my laptop can from a site and run it? like a piece of software.

ok ok. I know its more of a rhetorical question for me but still, they should make these cell phones more computer like. especially android based.

Its like a special computer that only certain programs or 'apps' can be run.

Like i cant run any .exe files etc.

Advertisement
  2. allbutlost

allbutlost Well-Known Member

You can't run EXE files on a Mac either. *shrugs* :p Well, not without a windows emulator. EXE files are specific to the Windows OS, people seem to forget that. Android is not Windows.

As for installing just "regular programs", well... the phones are designed in a specific way to optimize them to be portable yet efficient. There are some drawbacks and some bonuses to this kind of a design, in the end creating (hopefully) a happy medium.

It's just the way they are made. They are computing devices but at the end of the day, if you want something that acts "like a laptop", you'd best get a laptop.

3. edward12687

edward12687 Member

3 words no flash support

4. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ah ya. well said allbutlost.