whats the deal with 2.2 draining the battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by may2700, Aug 15, 2010.

1. holy cow, since 2.2, my battery drains in like 4 hours. even in standby. is there some setting i should turn off? whats the deal?

Advertisement
  2. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

Aug 5, 2010
    I am having the same problem here! I hope someone can help us out!

3. SlaveUnit

SlaveUnit Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Whats the deal with so many people making new posts for things that have already been mentioned.

Anyways, I solved my battery issue (I think) by not using facebook. I made sure I was logged out of it. I never used it anyways.

4. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Because I never had a battery issue until I was notified that there was an update ready for my phone ...then once I update the battery went haywire

5. SlaveUnit

Oct 31, 2009
    So everyone that has an issue with their battery should open their own thread? I think you are missing that point that we dont need anymore new threads on the issue. Just comment in one of the alredy opened ones.

adostrom likes this.
  6. dvmweb1984

dvmweb1984 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    ANSWER NOT HELPFUL. Mr. Obvious:rolleyes:

7. SlaveUnit

Oct 31, 2009
    ...and your little chime is was worth what? Nothing, Mr. Useless.

Try reading the post above about facebook if you want my answer for my battery issue. At least I gave an answer while you chime in giving nothing.

8. seadams

seadams Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    there should be a sticky about battery drain issues

9. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Male
    East Coast USA
    My battery life seems to have gotten worse since maps updated to 4.4.0 and runs all the time now. Even when force closed it autostarts again and shows up in my battery use screen even though I rarely use it.

10. Yeah, maps is killing my battery! It's really annoying. I swear I get 6 hours less hours out of my battery 'cause of that.
    Don't have 2.2 yet but if my battery life is even worse than it is now I will have to carry a charger everywhere, and a portable generator. I'm certainly hoping for better battery life though!