What's the deal?

Last Updated:

1. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why does it seem like people are finding the smallest little things to complain about with this amazing phone? If there is a problem with an app - Then it IS the phone. If there is a network problem - Then is IS the phone. I have many little hiccups with my phone, but having come from using the HTC Wizard, Nokia N73, E90, iPhone 3G etc, I still find this phone to have less hiccups than any of those. The battery is not a problem. Its outlasts a laptop, so according to me it is great. The screen may have a pinkish problem, but for me it does not change my experience with it. Why pick on the small problems and just forget about the perfectly working Big things that makes this phone stand out from the competition?

Advertisement
  2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I agree.

One of the great things about Android though is that if there is a problem then there's generally an app that fixes it or because it's so customiseable there's generally a way to fix.

More than can be said for a lot of phones, coming from an LG Arena, if there was a problem then I was stuck with it.

3. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

When people invest a lot of money in a product, they want it to be epic and flawless. I think people on here tend to ask "is this normal" rather than "I HATE THIS PHONE".

The pink tint on greys concerned me at first, but once I realised that it was simply the hardware and it was normal i don't even notice it...

4. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

Whilst i agree, as a consumer we have to right to praise or diss products we buy. I generally like the phone and i love the google integration and social integration but there are definitely issues with it. Common issues listed below

1. SD card compatability - data loss, camera not working, backup issues

2. Using some normal headphones can result in random calls, music skipping and application starts - this is because the hardware uses TRRS jacks not TRS jacks and the incompatability can cause static and shorts which is interpreted as signals that casue these unexpected issues.

3. Speaker is very weak and tinny

I've come from an n95 8gb, and that also has issues. No phone is perfect, but when things are going wrong, are we wrong to highlight them?

5. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I don't think we're wrong to highlight them, how does something get fixed if it isn't highlighted?

But people do seem to think it's the end of the world when their battery drains quickly, rather than taking the time to look around the net/this forum and fix the problem.

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I kind of agree lol. Especially when the phone can't do something relatively insignificant without an app, then that person goes back to their dumbphone because it can, regardless of everything else this phone brings.

I love helping people here, but sometimes I'm just left speechless! :p

Anyways we have the right to complain, but we must remember all the other cool stuff we get.

Anyway think the OP would prefer people come here asking questions about functionality, rather than people coming here complaining the phone won't do something (especially when it does and they just don't know how).

7. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

I think the thing is that people spend

8. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I kinda agree. Everything in life has "niggles" generally and it looks like with this phone/android there are ways around it.

I love the phone. From where i came from, to this, it's like a 1,000,000x improvement. I'm happy to be signed in for the contract too. Can't see me wanting anything else in a long time.

9. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

kboya is spot on with that post. Take for instance the battery issue. I too experienced heavy battery loss but after searching the net, and forums i made a few tweaks to my phone (most importantly the Mobile Data Always on switch) and now the battery if much better behaved. Plus users panic if the battery shows "only" 50% at the end of a day . . .