What's the difference between B08 and B08C?

1. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

So, what's the difference between the two, anyway? IIRC, I heard B08C was rolled back and B08 is the official current firmware, I also seem to recall that B08 had a slightly louder volume... ?

If anyone can straighten this issue out for me, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement
    kdraw44 likes this.
  2. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

B08c is the version boost and zte still push out so that's the current version... The volume change was in the kernel
    aaanadie and LilBit like this.
  3. mercury0x000d

But which one is technically "better"?
  4. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

There are minimal changes between the two... just a few tweaks here and there honestly... we managed to salvage a B08c update package once and it was only a few mbs and it only altered a few files.... nothing major... unfortunately there are enough changes to prevent you from directly swapping out alot of the critical files... however after you decompile them almost all of the smali is identical
  5. mercury0x000d

So, at least there aren't any drawbacks to basing a ROM off B08C?
  6. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

Nope
    mercury0x000d likes this.
  7. mercury0x000d

Has anyone ever had the stock music player randomly resume playing of its own accord? Did the B08C update fix this?
  8. justin4236

justin4236 Well-Known Member

Yes i had that problem before and after the update. And i have a few friends with the same problem with this phone. After i started flashing roms without the stock music player it stopped tho. I geuss it has to with the player itself.
    mercury0x000d likes this.