Whats the difference between different type of cases (Gel,hard back etc)? Which is the best?Tips

Last Updated:

1. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone

If anyone search on ebay for cases of Samsung Galaxy S I9000 many results come up and there is a wide variety of different type of cases. Gel, Hard back etc. I was wondering whats the difference between them, which one is suited for which purpose and which are most effective?

Would appreciate some inputs on this topic. :)

regards

Advertisement
  2. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Well-Known Member

I ordered the "Tough Case" and "Barely There," both from Case Mate. I'll post a review once I get them, but I've read the Tough Case offers a lot of protection and includes a screen film.

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

The softer the case, the better the shock absorbtion (well, until it's so soft it turns into a sponge, but I have yet to see a case like that).

On other hand, hard cases usually looks better. Soft gel cases are limited by the type of material used.

4. Hrithan2020

Hrithan2020 Well-Known Member

I'm using the Case-Mate Barely there cases, it fits really well and the back now feels good. :) (Plus adds just a mm in thickness.)However, I won't be expecting it to be too durable.

But, the screen protector is not v.good. (The sales guy applied it without proper centering, plus it doesn't feel good swyping on it, plus frequent "rainbow effect").

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Rainbow effect is a real sucker. It pays to buy a decent (but perhaps expensive) screen protector.

6. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

I have this :
    Case-Mate Samsung i9000 Galaxy S Tough Case / Black/Black - Mobiles at Play.com (UK)

Its a silicon inner and hard ABS outer case combo. One word EXCELLENT.

This encases totally the phone but gives full access to all buttons and ports.

It has saved my phone more than once.

The combo of a soft inner case and hard outer case is unique and very effective.

You cant go wrong with this except that it add bulk.

7. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

Also i have a martin fields screen protector.

Couple this with my case above it is a very effective solution to totally protect my phone.

8. emoshurchak

emoshurchak Well-Known Member

I purchased a package for the Vibrant T959 consisting of a silicone case, mirror screen protector, and car charger from imobile247 through ebay.

The case is a good fit for my i9000M and gives me better grip on the handset as well as protection although it makes for a tighter fit in my belt holster.

The screen protector however does not fit my phone because it is rigid and covers the physical home key making it very difficult to press (the T959 does not have the physical home button).