Whats the Difference between the 2 different Roots?

Last Updated:

1. IsaacRCCL

IsaacRCCL Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried the Toast method and the Unrevoked method...

I'm assuming the Toast method is the PC36IMG and the Unrevoked is the one step method... I still dont know how to remove Bloatware with either method

Advertisement
  2. Krandor311

Krandor311 Member

With Toast's - object.unoriented

Best option available as far as I know, but custom ROMs are starting to spill out now with the bloatware removed so you can very easily shoot for one of those.

3. JUSTQUAN2

JUSTQUAN2 Well-Known Member

please dont knock me if i may sound slow, but will the 'object.unoriented' method keep my stock rom but i will just be able to remove thos apps i dont want?

my issue is apps are jus starting on thier own. that annoying to me. i wont to start, end and multitask as i please.

4. Krandor311

Krandor311 Member

You're just editing whatever is currently on your phone so yeah you're still on the same ROM, but if you remove the wrong apps you can obviously screw things up.

5. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

Are all the Sprint apps still in the rooted roms and you are just able to uninstall what you don't want or is it already stripped down to a basic rom and you just install what you want?

I went with Unrevoked because I wanted to remove the bloatware but that was when it FIRST came out before we all figured out you couldnt uninstall the bloat.

Now I'm thinking about going Toast.

I got the .06 rom and all his stuff to do it. I just haven't don't it yet because I was considering returning my EVO and just jumping on my wifes Verizon plan with the HTC Incredible.

6. Krandor311

Krandor311 Member

Most of them have all the sprint apps removed minus Sprint TV (mostly for the world cup but honestly that app is fine to leave on, it's a good feature). I'm using the Fresh Evo rom right now and loving it, link is in another thread on here.

7. IsaacRCCL

Fresh by Flipz?

I was looking into that, but while reading, he says:

"A wipe may not be necessary (depending on what rom you are coming from), but it is recommended. You need to be rooted (unrevoked method doesn

8. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

UnrEVOked basically lets you run most apps with root permissions, but since it is just an app it doesn't give you any of the real benefits of root like being able to boot into recovery.
    -------------
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

9. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

can one add tethering with either root method?

10. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

One root method calls a binary file from within the OS via an apk file to create the root and one is flashed from a ROM image file.

One big disadvantage to using Revoked is you have no clue how it obtains root, you ask them they'll tell you we choose not to disclose our root method at this time. While Toast makes every detail publicly available via XDA. For all you know Revoked could be collecting user data from you and sending it back to a server, you DON'T know it isn't so don't say no. Therefore the only root method for me is Toast, period.

11. IsaacRCCL

Ahhhh... I've tried both methods. So uninstalling Unrevoked would be as easy as just uninstalling the app? Should I reinstall my first saved "Stock" android before I attempt to root again with Toast

I'll guess i'll go back to Toast method.. But i kinda liked the lil Ninja