Whats the DX2 system Froyo or GBGeneral

1. gixxersixxerman

gixxersixxerman Well-Known Member

Hey my girl just got a droid x 2, and ive been reading that it will ship with froyo.. but when we open it up it looks just like my leaked GB .595... her version is 2.2.2 with a system version 1.2.148.mb870........... thing is its exactly like my .595. is this a version of froyo for the DX2... and it also ran a 2790 in quadrant.. thought that was pretty good as my DX best has been a 2400 and that was only once usually around 1900 or so

Advertisement
  2. fastpicker89

fastpicker89 Well-Known Member

It comes with Froyo. Maybe it's the new look of blur?
  3. gixxersixxerman

gixxersixxerman Well-Known Member

idk.. looks just like my gingerbread tho.........
  4. Heelpir8

Heelpir8 Well-Known Member

Setting, About Phone, Android Version
  5. rankman

rankman Well-Known Member

Yea the x2 has gingerblur but no gingerbread yet
  6. laubin

laubin New Member

Yup.... It's an updated version of Blur. It does look like GB in a lot of areas but it isn't GB..

Had me wondering at first too..
  7. ZeroOveride

ZeroOveride Well-Known Member

I just hope the DX2 falls under the new Android partnership they announced about Software Updates at Google I/O. If it is then we should be getting Gingerbread soon with updates to follow for at least the next 18 months.
  8. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i would take that statement with a grain of salt...or three
  9. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

I would not have purchased the X2 if I was not confident that it would receive a Gingerbread OTA. With an OTA imminent for it's little brother (Droid X), I have to believe Moto is merely tweaking the OTA to be more compatible with a dual-core device...
  10. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

This makes no sense to me either. I would love for someone to do a side by side comparison video of an updated DX1 vs DX2. All the changes mentioned in previous videos of the DX1 and articles point to all the same physical changes to the UI that the DX2 has now.. but clearly on the about menu option and on Motorola's page the DX2 has froyo. It makes me think that there is no Gingerbread coming to the DX2.
  11. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member