• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the latest Andoid version that you can run on a Continuum?

chuckh1958

Jul 7, 2011
I've had my Continuum for 18 months now and am getting really frustrated with the lack of OS upgrades. I'm still running the Froyo update that Verizon pushed out almost a year ago. Its making me seriously consider rooting it to get a more recent (and more stable) OS. Some colleagues with S3's have told me that after upgrading to Jelly Bean all of the problems they'd been having went away.

I've got a few questions about rooting and trying to get a recent version of Android running.

What is the latest version that you can run on the Continuum?

Is there somewhere I can go to find out step by step how to root the phone and get there? IOW tools needed, ROM version needed, steps needed to restore should I brick the phone, how to prevent bricking it in the first place, etc.

Also, if I do successfully root it, and go to the latest version possible of the OS, will I lose anything? For example use of the ticker (not that I really use it for much anyway as I'm not a fan of social networks).

What about apps that I've installed? Will I lose them? Especially paid apps that I purchased, some from the Amazon store and not from Play.

Will the Play store still think my phone is a stock SCH-I400 and tell me apps aren't compatible with it when now they are?

TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones