What's The Latest Rumor, Is Flash Really Coming?

Last Updated:

1. micp1480

micp1480 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, from all the reading I have been doing about this 2.1 upgrade, it appears it was all a hoax, and a good one at that, but my concern was that somewhere I read that Adobe Flash wasn't being introduced until 2.1 was released, do you see where I am going with this, that I and probably many more, don't know what to believe any more. Does anyone have factual information on the release of Adobe Flash, for if they truly are waiting for an upgrade, then we can be waiting for a long time. Thank you.

MICP1480

Advertisement
  2. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

2.1 isn't a hoax, why some people thought it was going to be released yesterday is a mystery, as no one official had said it would be release yesterday.

Flash is an Adobe product, not Motorola or Google, and Adobe will release it when it is ready, which they have said would be early this year. They have already demo'd it on Android devices, just a matter of time until it is released.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Yes, 2.1 is NOT a hoax. It's just a matter of "when".

Neither is Flash 10.1. There are videos on YouTube with Adobe reps demo'ing Flash 10.1 on a DROID, for crying out loud. :D

4. raremage

raremage Well-Known Member

5. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

When we get 2.1 then Flash will be closer, but it is still a month or 2 away I think. Not really excited myself because now any sites with flash ads will bog the phone way down.

8. Hemorrdrhoid

Hemorrdrhoid Well-Known Member

True fact: My Sony Clie Palm PDA had a flash player app on it 6+ years ago. It was only marginally useful because it wasn't directly linked to the browser, but there I was, playing little flash movies on a Palm Pilot. This wait for the capability on a *smart* phone is high-larious. And sad.

9. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

You say this as if there wont be a way to turn it off. You know they would never get away with making it like that. C'mon man, you're smarter than that.

10. admorris

admorris Well-Known Member

The reason some of us thought it was going to be on the 22nd was b/c BGR had paperwork showing that date as an update...simple as that. Yesterday was not just a "made up" date or rumor out of nowhere. No big deal that it didn't come, but I keep seeing people talking about the fact that it was just a rumor and that no data exist showing the 22nd as a legit time.

oh well, the wait is on.

11. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

He probably is, but product managers often aren't. :(

12. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Well-Known Member

13. nicknrm

nicknrm Member

I actually have a different look on it.

I bet money that whenever 2.1 comes out (next few days I presume, not certain though) the Flash 10.1 add-on will follow within days...or a couple of weeks...not months.

The Flash team is waiting for the Android device to be as updated and current as possible and with a large update just around the corner, flash will be just around the corner.

14. Nbcrompton

Nbcrompton Active Member

Are you kidding me...

15. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

6+ years ago would have been flash lite. If I am guessing correctly too (probably ActionScript 1 aka Flash 5, or even worse Flash 4 'actions') it wouldn't have been able to do much other than simple games/cartoons.