• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats the latest with the "Bump Charge" issue?

Sounds like HTC did the smart thing to silence the trail of tears on battery row and just flip-flopped the battery display algorithm.

Make 100%-50% "drain" more slowly, show accurate drain from 50-20, and then show faster than true drain from 20-0.

Brilliant!

Quietly Brillaint :D

LOL! Too true

Upvote 0
The phone is designed to operate this way, there is no fix and there won't be. It is normal for all lithium-ion batteries to lose between 3 and 5% after unplugging. But it seems some incredibles lose about 10%, this is most likely by design to prevent overheating batteries (better safe than sorry), by stopping the charge when full and letting it drop to 90% before resuming charge. Most phones disguise this sudden drop though with the software that measures the voltage left in the battery, same way it seems some people are reporting now.

Upvote 0
I have noticed REALLY poor 15% to shut times... once i get to 15% phone is through with quicker than ever. Am doing nothing different. Using aldiko to read when notification first comes up and i used to be able to read close to another hour... now more like 10 or 15 more mins

2010!! Whats up player!!

You might want to try re-calibrating. Just a simple full charge to full drain, including the phone shutting off, should help out. However, the first and last 10 percent or so will always be inaccurate one way or another.

Any time there is an update that modifies charge or discharge, you should go ahead and re-calibrate, as well approx. once a month.

Upvote 0
You might want to try re-calibrating. Just a simple full charge to full drain, including the phone shutting off, should help out. However, the first and last 10 percent or so will always be inaccurate one way or another.

Any time there is an update that modifies charge or discharge, you should go ahead and re-calibrate, as well approx. once a month.

Yea i did that, left it calibrating for over a week... hmm, that MIGHT have been right before the update though... Thanks didn't even consider that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones