whats the lowest you should let your memory get to?Support

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

like in the task killer where it says free memory whats the lowest you should let it get to..i know you should kill apps anytime you want that your not using im just curious how low would it have to go to affect performance and what not

Advertisement
  2. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really worry about it, Androids are set up to kill apps when it needs more.

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Agreed. I dont even know where to check the memory as it is unnecessary. Whole different world than the BlackBerrys and Windows Phones I am used to :D

4. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

That's one of the nice parts about the Android OS.

When the memory gets critically low, or low enough it needs to clean some to make another app run... it does just that. It will close out background apps by itself. Which is why it doesn't even shut applications down generally when you exit them.

5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I have the G1, and a poster at one point mentioned that he was told by T-Mobile that he should keep 20-25mb of free space on the phone. In other words, don't download and keep every app you find :D

I actually keep mine at about 30, and I never have lag anymore. Once a week or so I empty the browser cache and history, delete my call log, delete all my sms threads, and clear the cache on the marketplace, that alone can sometimes clear up 5-10mb of memory.

6. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i know everything else how do you clear marketplace cache