• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help whats the lowest you should let your memory get to?

That's one of the nice parts about the Android OS.

When the memory gets critically low, or low enough it needs to clean some to make another app run... it does just that. It will close out background apps by itself. Which is why it doesn't even shut applications down generally when you exit them.

Upvote 0
I have the G1, and a poster at one point mentioned that he was told by T-Mobile that he should keep 20-25mb of free space on the phone. In other words, don't download and keep every app you find :D

I actually keep mine at about 30, and I never have lag anymore. Once a week or so I empty the browser cache and history, delete my call log, delete all my sms threads, and clear the cache on the marketplace, that alone can sometimes clear up 5-10mb of memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones