What's the new activation code for Virgin?Support

Last Updated:

1. FaroeseViking

FaroeseViking Well-Known Member

It used to be ##VIRGIN(847446)#

Its something else now, and of effing course I didn't write it down. And Virgin Super brilliant Tech guys don't even know it. As a matter of fact, they don't even know it changed.

Advertisement
  2. FaroeseViking

NEVER MIND! Found it :S
  3. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Just this morning I swapped out a replacement Intercept on my niece's account with no problem using ##VIRGIN#, so that's odd to hear.
  5. Jargin

Jargin Well-Known Member

I thought to activate the phone you just logged into your account online and entered the phone's ID number?
  6. FaroeseViking

I was talking about activating the account with Virgin. It is now ##25327# for the new EVO. (Duh, it's in the instruction manual, something I've never opened before)

Any of the older mobiles it'll still be ##VIRGIN# (hehehe, pound pound virgin)
  7. OverByter

Yes but after doing that the system gets confused sometimes and you have to manually your MDN and MSID for the phone to be recognized correctly on the network.
  8. OverByter

That's ##CLEAR#
  9. koopakid08

koopakid08 Well-Known Member

Clear runs the WiMax 4g so that explains the difference.
  10. FaroeseViking

I don't think you can manually enter it in, without some voodoo magic. I tried and couldn't do it the old fashion way.
  11. Dirtyb205

Dirtyb205 Member

Hello All!! I am having serious troubles activating my New EVO V on the Virgine Mobile network. I spent 7 hours today trying everything today to include a Brand New replacement phone I havent accomplished anything. The techs at Virgine are stumped aswell. The issue is the Hands free will not cycle and complete. Also, I cannot do a profile update either. The phone has 4/5 bars of service at all times. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time. Brian
  12. DAN040790

DAN040790 Well-Known Member

Click cancel in the activation menu. Go to settings and turn on mobile data. Reboot the phone and unlock it. Activation will come up. Will cycle through this time. Give it a few minutes. Fixed.
  13. Dirtyb205

Dirtyb205 Member

@ Dan...Mobile data is on and has been on. Still nothing. Any other things to look for? Thanks for your assistance
  14. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Pull out your battery for 2 mins and try again
  15. Dirtyb205

Dirtyb205 Member

Still nothing..I have the mobile data on but do not have the ICON...I have the 4G and 4/5 bars of signal but no icon. Is that a problem?
  16. PerkinsII

PerkinsII Well-Known Member

The Assumption
    As 4g and 3g are different technologies and use different chips, I would assume the reason it doesn't work can be explained by the way mms works as it only works with 3g and not on wifi.

The Fix
    Something that may help you is that is that ever since the LG Optimus V, I haven't been able to use their "hands free activation," I have had to manually edit the numbers myself after I did the first part of the activation from the virgin mobile site.

On the old phone get the network id number (it gives it to you on the computer activation side of things to, it will be next to your number when activating). Just do ##VIRGIN# on your old phone and select "view", then do ##CLEAR# on your new phone (HTC EVO V 4G) and select "edit". Now just copy in the old numbers into the new phone.

Notes
    Their will be two numbers you need to copy and you need to copy them into their respective place. It shouldn't be to hard as they will be labeled and one will be your number, the second one will only be labeled network id on the website not your phone, but the number that isn't your phone number is it.

I also don't have the HTC EVO V 4G, so I don't know exactly the choices it will have but on all their other phones they have been activate phone, view, edit, and done.

Hope I could help solve your problem.
  17. Dirtyb205

Dirtyb205 Member

It only allows ...reset or cancel I have reset it many times. Virgin Techs say that it should automatically update the respective requirements. It does not do any updating what so ever. This is the second phone we are using. Just a loss of words. So many people are alreadu using the New EVO....MINE SHOULD WORK ASWELL. Answer me this.. Does it matter that I do not get the data icon on the top of the screen?
  18. Cheno1115

Cheno1115 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the time I bought my Intercept and it refused to activate automatically...

Called virgin and they gave me my MDN and MSID to put in under the ##virgin# and then my data started working immediately.

Since you have the EVO Those options are under the ##clear#
  19. Dirtyb205

Dirtyb205 Member

Like I was saying.. The new EVO when using the ##clear# it only gives the option to cancel or to reset. Thanks for your assistance. Might try a THIRD phone. Virgin mobile techs are clueless and if they can understand your English they just blow you off with the steps out of the manual as the fix.
  20. Cheno1115

Cheno1115 Well-Known Member

Hmm, the fellas at XDA for the evo 3D on sprint say that using the ##754275# brought up the MDN and MSID code for sprint anyways... give it a go.
  21. Dirtyb205

Dirtyb205 Member

It did nothing actually acted as if I never entered anything. Number typing box erased back to blank. Like I have been saying....I am lost.
  22. tbeilfuss

tbeilfuss Member

I had to call VM because the Evo V I bought was meant for my wife's account not mine (they only had one at RS so the wife wins). The guy at radio shack asked me for my name and info and i thought that was just cuz thats what RS always have done. It wasnt until I got home to attempt to "swap" my wife's phone that I realized that the guy at RS had activated the phone on my account.

When I called VM the CS rep was very nice and helped out. She switched the phones back and moved the EVO over to my wife's account. On my Intercept she had me type ##VIRGIN# to bring up and enter the MDN information.

However, on the EVO she told me to do the same yet nothing came up. She put me on hold and came back and told me that the EVO V doesn't allow for MDN input and that it will get the info from the network. She told me to do a hard reset and pull the battery for 5 minutes. I did and once it booted back up, her old phone stopped working and the new phone was alive and activated.

So as far as I was told, the EVO doesn't have an "activation code".