• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats the next big phone for big red?

Verizon Reportedly Has Summer And Fall Roadmap Set For 2012 | TalkAndroid.com

If that htc phone is for real, i will have a nexus for sale the day it drops

Here's an article that says in effect the same as rivera02's link, but it's from UnWiredView.com.

Verizon to launch the Samsung Galaxy S3, 5 inch HTC phone, and multiple Motorola Droid Razrs this year? Unwired View

At least this is something, although nothing to specific regarding the phones specs, but like I said, it's something.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the RAZR HD/Fighter or whatever it ends up being called.

Upvote 0
Here's an article that says in effect the same as rivera02's link, but it's from UnWiredView.com.

Verizon to launch the Samsung Galaxy S3, 5 inch HTC phone, and multiple Motorola Droid Razrs this year? Unwired View

At least this is something, although nothing to specific regarding the phones specs, but like I said, it's something.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the RAZR HD/Fighter or whatever it ends up being called.

They're still going on what bgr said. Just cause multiple sites are reporting the same rumor doesn't make it more true if they're still using the same source. Either way I'm excited at least someone thinks big red's going to pick up the GS3 :D

Upvote 0
They're still going on what bgr said. Just cause multiple sites are reporting the same rumor doesn't make it more true if they're still using the same source. Either way I'm excited at least someone thinks big red's going to pick up the GS3 :D

Yup, that's very true. I guess I'm just so hungry for news I'm posting every link I can find.

I've been waiting for my next phone since the rumor came out about the Motorola Dinara. (If anybody even remembers that one) :dong:

Best of luck to all of us,

Upvote 0
I'd rather have a "mid-tier" phone with an amazing provider than a high-end phone with shit service. Verizon #1

I used to would have agreed with you on this point. However, in recent months, Verizon is doing nothing but squeeze us for more money. No more NE2, $30 upgrade charge in addition to the "discounted" aka we'll rape you for two years on your capped data plan to make up for it so called loyalty price, no more 250 text msg plans for $5 (really pisses me off how much they charge for texts), etc.

Their network while still the best, is showing holes here in OKC. I've started to have reception problems and I think it's due to the fact they sold their soul to get the iPhone and now we have more users cluttering the network.

I'd like to think I'm willing to leave Verizon if this keeps up but I just can't because ATT sucks that bad here and Sprint has no presence unless your within 1 mile of an interstate.

Upvote 0
I used to would have agreed with you on this point. However, in recent months, Verizon is doing nothing but squeeze us for more money. No more NE2, $30 upgrade charge in addition to the "discounted" aka we'll rape you for two years on your capped data plan to make up for it so called loyalty price, no more 250 text msg plans for $5 (really pisses me off how much they charge for texts), etc.

Their network while still the best, is showing holes here in OKC. I've started to have reception problems and I think it's due to the fact they sold their soul to get the iPhone and now we have more users cluttering the network.

I'd like to think I'm willing to leave Verizon if this keeps up but I just can't because ATT sucks that bad here and Sprint has no presence unless your within 1 mile of an interstate.

I may be wrong, but having more users doesn't make signal worse, it just makes speeds slower am I right?

Upvote 0
I'm itching to dump my pos Droid X but I want to wait if something big is coming down the line. I read reviews of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Razr Maxx. A friend has the Maxx and really likes it, though he reports issues with picture quality. The just announced HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE phone sounds promising. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
In what way? Is the Maxx a better phone?

Not so sure the Maxx is a better phone per se, but it does have its benefits over the Inc 4g. Namely, the battery and screen size and build quality. Spec wise, the Inc beats it IMO with the new lower power consumption S4 chip.

It all depends on if you like Sense or not and are willing to give up the small difference in screen size.

I'm also convinced that Verizon knows it's a mid-tier phone as well hence the *speculated* $149 price. IMO, the Rezound is just as or almost as good and has a bigger screen with better resolution. If I were due an upgrade right now, I'd probably still get the Rezound personally. Especially since it can now be had for $99 or less depending on where you get it.

Upvote 0
Copy and pasted from the TechRadar.com website

While we expected to see handsets from all of the major manufacturers, there have been some rather conspicuous omissions: Sony, BlackBerry and Motorola informed TechRadar before the start of CTIA 2012 that they will not have a presence at the show.
While that proved to be true for Sony, Motorola it seems was content to let their partners show off their latest devices. Like the Droid Incredible 4G LTE.

So it appears there will be no info regarding the MaxxHD/Fighter from CTIA in New Orleans.

So I wait.... (what else is new?)

Upvote 0
Copy and pasted from the TechRadar.com website

While we expected to see handsets from all of the major manufacturers, there have been some rather conspicuous omissions: Sony, BlackBerry and Motorola informed TechRadar before the start of CTIA 2012 that they will not have a presence at the show.
While that proved to be true for Sony, Motorola it seems was content to let their partners show off their latest devices. Like the Droid Incredible 4G LTE.

So it appears there will be no info regarding the MaxxHD/Fighter from CTIA in New Orleans.

So I wait.... (what else is new?)

I thought the Incredible line was a HTC brand.

Upvote 0
Not so sure the Maxx is a better phone per se, but it does have its benefits over the Inc 4g. Namely, the battery and screen size and build quality. Spec wise, the Inc beats it IMO with the new lower power consumption S4 chip.

It all depends on if you like Sense or not and are willing to give up the small difference in screen size.

I'm also convinced that Verizon knows it's a mid-tier phone as well hence the $149 price. IMO, the Rezound is just as or almost as good and has a bigger screen with better resolution. If I were due an upgrade right now, I'd probably still get the Rezound personally. Especially since it can now be had for $99 or less depending on where you get it.

How is Sense different than what I have on my Droid X? I'm not at all familiar with it to know the difference. When I get a chance I'm going to get to a VZW store and compare the phones.

Upvote 0
Well went to verizon last night and got my wife a 100.00 Razr because her thunderbolt took a crap! Well the lady asked me what phone i had and i told her a Bionic and she said we will give you 115.00 trade in on that which would make a razr free for me now, if i sign a two year contract! I thought about it but I was just not willing to do that for a phone in my opinion that is not much diffrent then my Bionic. So my question is has anyone heard of what is coming up soon for new phones for verizon? thanks

Upvote 0

I'm also convinced that Verizon knows it's a mid-tier phone as well hence the $149 price. IMO, the Rezound is just as or almost as good and has a bigger screen with better resolution. If I were due an upgrade right now, I'd probably still get the Rezound personally. Especially since it can now be had for $99 or less depending on where you get it.

Oh, where have you seen pricing on the Inc 4G? I thought it was just announced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones