Whats the point in these current roms?

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

1) I see so many roms that say Bugs: No GPS, No Bluetooth, No Camera ect...

2) Than they go on to list all these installed user apps as if they are "features" when I can just install the ones I want through the market without having someone else tell me what I should be using.

3) Another gripe is that none of these current roms really change the look and feel of the phone much. People have posted screens and I am like, ok you can get that with ADW or Launcher Pro.

Maybe I just have to give it some time and wait for a basic 2.2 froyo rom but as of now nothing looks tempting.

Advertisement
  2. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I'm using the stock rom with a Undervolted Overclocked kernal as of a few hours ago.
    But the point of the ROMS is they all have diffrent thing added or subtracted to them, yeah some will have bugs. If you are uncomfortable with certain bugs don't download a rom. You can use the stock one.

Some people don't like sense , some people want ADW or LauncherPro as the only UI (like me) , others want to have diffrent themes etc...

It's all about customization

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

the point of these roms are that they are start to something great once we get more stuff released... we wont have bugs and roms will be awesome... also some take things off like sense which some may like

4. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

evolution man, These roms are in the development stage. the developers could keep them to themselves but people want them now, even if you don't. Also if a developer just test's the rom him self it may take 2 or 3 times as long to work out and find all the bugs. If you don't want to run a test rom, don't! its that simple

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I am a fan of barebone ROMs, too...

6. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

The only Rom I flashed and liked was cyanogen mod the rest of those roms don't appeal to me..what are they but stock roms with removed sense apps and widgets? Our development blows right bow :(. Can't wait until cyanogen is fixed!

7. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

Yea I havent found anything that even remotely interests me. I would try the froyo but no point since Its missing some huge features that I use regularly.

All ive done since rooting is remove some bloatware and installed the undervolt/overclocked kernel.