• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

@Kaat72 I found this album on imgur and thought you might be amused:

http://m.imgur.com/a/r11tV

1Yov7A2l.jpg

Dat is looking weird.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
It's 13 degrees here in MN right now, supposed to warm up a bit next week & we might get a couple inches (forecast says 1-3) of snow. We've hardly had any snow this winter, it's a nice change from previous winters but really weird to be so brown for so much of the winter here. I guess most of our snow went East this year!

Upvote 0
I just finished of the last of 150 pounds of salt trying to take advantage of the sun and high 20's temps to clear some ice. I still have another 100# I just got ready for the remainder of the winter.

EM, how frequent is snow where you are? Seems like it would be fairly uncommon for you to get 6"+ storms. How cold is it?

Upvote 0
I just finished of the last of 150 pounds of salt trying to take advantage of the sun and high 20's temps to clear some ice. I still have another 100# I just got ready for the remainder of the winter.

EM, how frequent is snow where you are? Seems like it would be fairly uncommon for you to get 6"+ storms. How cold is it?
At high elevations it's really variable.

One year we got nearly four feet (not drifts, true feet) in a matter of about as many hours.

Another year, our front yard snowman had an 8' lower ball (topped 18' done), and no ground showing from the effort.

But the majority of the time just an inch or two that melts so fast it almost sublimates.

40 or 50 degree temperature swings, day in, day out, are pretty common.

Temperature means something else entirely in a thinner atmosphere with far less thermal mass than what you have down there.

Same thing with rain.

We get flash floods that pick up trucks and move them far away.

But we get something else you have to experience to comprehend.

Rain - not drizzle - rain - that leaves the pavement dry while it's happening, and while you feel wet when you're in it, the very instant you step out of it - and I do mean the very instant - you find your face slightly damp and your clothes dry.

That's absolutely magical.

Along with lightning during snow storms, we get a fair amount of that anymore.

Reactions: Kaat72 and olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones