• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

Looking good this weekend.
Screenshot_2016-08-18-06-14-10.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a cabin and trailer on the Ninnescha river. It's flooding now and will crest somewhere around eight feet over flood stage. I'm more than a bit nervous about my goodies. I should be a couple of feet above water... but man that's too close for comfort.

Yep... it's flooding everywhere around these parts. Lots of low areas are under water and too many basements to count have filled up. :eek: It's ugly.

Upvote 0
Thanks Kaat. The prediction center was a bit conservative with their projected river height. The river crested at nine feet over flood at six tonight. That set a new record by a foot. It's already fallen a half foot in the four hours since. I don't know how my stuff survived. I plan to drive down there again in the morning and make sure my stuff is still there. It will be a few days before the river subsides enough to walk in and many days/weeks before I can drive back in there. The man that owns the land I'm leasing is down there right now. His house is down river from my cabin about a quarter mile. He is surrounded by the river. He has a boat so he can get out if need be. He's to call me so I can give him a ride when/if he decides to leave so I can meet him and drive him back to civilization.

We made out much better than some.. that I'm certain. I saw many houses with their belongings out in the yard to dry.... sad deal. I'm not aware of any loss of life. It wasn't a flash flood so there was time to move to high ground. It's still devastating to have a river in your home.

Upvote 0
@olbriar

where is home for you? I know we had some bad floodings around my area here in Oologah, OK; but nothing within 20 miles of me...

more to the south of us...

if you are something within reach, I will hop on my motorcycle and just take a ride up your way.

give me a holler anyway at 918.443...... oh ...... foah ..... uno .... foah ...

Reactions: Kaat72
Upvote 0
@AZgl1500 you are kind to offer.... very kind. Thank you. I live South of Wichita Kansas but the flooded property is South of Belle Plane Kansas along the Ninnescha River.

I drove down there this morning. The trailer and cabin are still on an island in the river. There is no getting to the properties without a boat. An hour ago I heard from the land owner. He was able to get up the road to the cabin. River got to the bottom of the deck but did not get over the top. I built the deck even with the floor of the cabin so I think / hope that I stayed dry. My propane tanks did not float away and my pressure tank stayed in place. My well is under water but it should be ok. I have an outhouse down on the flat of my yard towards the river.. or where the river is normally. It was strapped between two trees. It's down river now... in the trees. I might be able to salvage it. It was time to move it anyway lol. All in all I made out very well.

Again, I'd like to thank you for your concern and offer. You, Sir, are a kind and caring man!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones