whats too hot?

Last Updated:

1. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im running smoked glass v5 at 1000mhz and i was wondering how hot is too hot on the phones temp. Ive seen it as high as 102F. Right now its only 93F.

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Your temps are just fine. I have experienced spikes up to almost 140F with no problems. During heavy use I generally have gone up to 125F with no worries. 93-105 is well within the safe range. Some of the newer roms (SS 2.02 ofr example) and new kernels are currently giving me cooler results but at present you have no worries.

aaronmach1 likes this.
  3. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

I've been running about 25% cooler with adamz low voltage kernels. no more than about 90 degrees even tasked hard. really nice. But...on 2.0.1 i got up there near 120 on several occasions no problem.

Edit: I just spent about 15 minutes trying to get it as hot as I could. I didn't know it would melt in the oven! lol...little joke there. Seriously, I browsed the web, played homerun battle, and then youtube for 15 minutes, and the max I could get it to was 105. After shutting down youtube, it immediately dropped to 104, then 103. In two minutes now down to 100 and in 4 minutes of just the screen on 98. So pretty good overall compared to the old kernels.