What's up with the ERIS banner ad?General

Last Updated:

1. jtpryan

jtpryan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There is a banner ad on all the site pages touting an ERIS for either $0 or $29 from Verizon for either new or existing customers. I am an existing customer but the only way to take advantage of the offer is with a plan. Why would an existing customer need a plan if they already have one? Is this offer bogus?

I already looked into gettin one from Verizon under my 2 year plan and was told $99.

-Jim

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum jt!

3. dwcasey

dwcasey Well-Known Member

Bait and switch? Dunno. Typical carriers...they treat new customers better than existing.

4. Peaser

Peaser Well-Known Member

I bought mine about 10 days ago and when I saw the BOGO offer I went to Verizon and got a free one for my husband even though he has a plan with Verizon and it wasn't due to expire until February. We are happy!

5. jtpryan

jtpryan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. Can you expand on how you did this? Did you call them? The chain from the banner ad goes nowhere.

6. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Different Authorized Retailers/Dealers offer better prices than the Corporate level stores or online do(ie, Wirefly, WalMart and Let's Talk)

7. Peaser

Peaser Well-Known Member

Hi I just went into the store and said that I had purchased my Droid the previous week and wanted a free one for my husband. They said okay. I told them that I had called Verizon about early upgrades because my Palm had died and they said I could upgrade in December instead of waiting until February and therefore I assumed that would apply to my husband as well. Then a manager came over and grumbled a bit about not seeing any notes in the system about this, but she plugged in a code anyway and gave it to us. The way I figure it, they just got 4 people signed up for another two years (we have four lines in my family). And now 3 of us have data plans instead of 1 (my daughter got a Blackberry Curve two weeks ago because her phone died). I asked if they had a family data plan and they said no. I called in about this as well, but no luck. So unfortunatley we are now paying $90 per month just for data! Our cell phone bill is about $320 per month which is insane for a family. But whatever, gotta have the toys right?