Whats up with this?Support

Last Updated:

1. Marshal77

Marshal77 Member This Topic's Starter

Got my HTC Desire HD, but cant bring any contacts from iPhone to HTC Desire HD ?

Theres this fancy "bluetooth" syncing ('Transfer Data'-application in DHD), nice in theory, does not work in practice : my iPhone 3G reports "this device is not supported" and DHD just reports "cant establish connection, you may have to restart both phones and try again" (tried, does not help). So basically both phones see each other, but cant connect.

So now I got my brand new DHD, but no contacts, cant call anyone. Anyone had similar issues? If so, how did you resolve it ? (trashing DHD is not an option :) )

Advertisement
  2. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

not of any help i didnt have problem wirth mine did go through the transfer data process rather than directly to bt

3. Declan325

Declan325 Active Member

Iphones bluetooth uses are extremely limited. You can basically only use bluetooth on iphones for calls and not for sending or receiving data, music etc. The function works with most phones that are equipped with bluetooth, just not iphones.

I synced my old contacts with my Gmail account through itunes then when setting up the DHD i put in my gmail account and password and ticked the box to sync contacts. Easy peasy and that way you know all your contacts are backed up too :)

4. Marshal77

Marshal77 Member This Topic's Starter

Got it working by wasting half of my free day into this software mess,

1.Synced contacts from iPhone to my computer
    2.Exported every contact into .VCF files in windows
    3.Used software tricks to merge all VCF files into one huge address file
    4.Downloaded VCFIO (or something similar) into DHD
    5.Imported with VCFIO this huge address file to DHD
    6.Saw all my contacts finally in DHD. AFter 5 minutes , some gone, after 15mins all contacts gone.
    7.Played around with sync, learned that gmail "syncs" empty contact list to my DHD...
    8.Turned gmail contact sync OFF
    9.Did the step 5. again, everything seems to be in order now.

How much more difficult that anymore could be ? :D Good god.

5. Gajet

Gajet New Member