1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

What's with the ICS Alarm clock app?General

1. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

They took a solid GB alarm clock app & put it back to a pre-froyo level. Under GB this app hit all the marks, easy to see & simple use. Now, it is hard to see at night, the snooze & dismiss buttons are too close together & I can't get rid the music player on the bottom. What gives.

Advertisement
    :
  2. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

Don't forget not being able to assign a video as an alarm, unless I missed it somewhere.
  3. OhBe1

OhBe1 Well-Known Member

I agree that the snooze and dismiss buttons are too close together, but I hated the "slide to dismiss" on GB. I had trouble using that feature with the dock.
  4. x026092

A pain yes, but it made sure you were awake. It almost looks like they grabbed the old code & never did any quality control, but I am really not surprised.
  5. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

This is what I use now and it works great. clock dock
    PhoebeAnn and x026092 like this.
  6. x026092

Thanks. Easier to see, but the snooze & dismiss buttons sill too close.
  7. Old_Rustic

Old_Rustic New Member

After the 4.0.4 OTA update the media dock clock display changed so that these old eyes have trouble. With 2.3.x the clock showed green digits on a black background. The digits moved about but stayed very visible. With 4.0.4, the digits are now a faded white/gray on a dim gray background. There is a "brightness" control but seems to change both digits and background together. Is there anyway to get the background back to pure black or some other way to increase the contrast? Thanks for any suggestions.
  8. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

I didn't like the clock from 4.0.4 so I switch to an app called clock dock

There more discussion in this thread here. http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/641475-whats-ics-alarm-clock-app.html

I merged with existing thread here. http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/641475-whats-ics-alarm-clock-app.html
  9. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

10. Paraflier

Paraflier Well-Known Member

Alarm Clock Plus also. The snooze button is HUGE. and the dismiss button is tiny. I have accidentally turned off the stock alarm clock more than once. Lol.
  11. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member