• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's with the ICS Alarm clock app?

x026092

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2009
MD 20/20
They took a solid GB alarm clock app & put it back to a pre-froyo level. Under GB this app hit all the marks, easy to see & simple use. Now, it is hard to see at night, the snooze & dismiss buttons are too close together & I can't get rid the music player on the bottom. What gives.

After the 4.0.4 OTA update the media dock clock display changed so that these old eyes have trouble. With 2.3.x the clock showed green digits on a black background. The digits moved about but stayed very visible. With 4.0.4, the digits are now a faded white/gray on a dim gray background. There is a "brightness" control but seems to change both digits and background together. Is there anyway to get the background back to pure black or some other way to increase the contrast? Thanks for any suggestions.

Upvote 0
After the 4.0.4 OTA update the media dock clock display changed so that these old eyes have trouble. With 2.3.x the clock showed green digits on a black background. The digits moved about but stayed very visible. With 4.0.4, the digits are now a faded white/gray on a dim gray background. There is a "brightness" control but seems to change both digits and background together. Is there anyway to get the background back to pure black or some other way to increase the contrast? Thanks for any suggestions.

I didn't like the clock from 4.0.4 so I switch to an app called clock dock

There more discussion in this thread here. http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/641475-whats-ics-alarm-clock-app.html

I merged with existing thread here. http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/641475-whats-ics-alarm-clock-app.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones