1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

What's wrong with my boot animation?

1. Gflam12

Gflam12 Member

I can't figure out what is wrong with my custom boot animation. Btw the graphics were not created by me they were taken from a lot of different places.
    Here's the animation
    Box.net | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces ~ Free Version

And the commands i'm using in terminal emulator are
    su
    cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    reboot

but i just keep getting a black screen
    I've tried lots of different tweeks to the desc.txt but nothing is working please help

Advertisement
  2. Gflam12

Gflam12 Member

Bump anyone?
  3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I cant download it to even look at it. It asks me to log in.
  4. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

This bootanimation works. But frame rate is very slow. Cut the jpg size down to like 187x256 or maybe 225x400. It won't be that much of a noticeable quality drop but it will greatly increase the frame rate. It has a problem loading big pics no matter how small you make the file size.

Resize your pics and use that desc.txt from my zip. Don't edit it or anything and you should be fine.

If you edit the desc.txt in notepad and save it messes something up sometimes. formatting, code, I don't know. But it causes the black screen. If you download a working zip and use its desc.txt youll be fine. You should be able to edit it atleast once. I don't know what the cause is, but that's your problem.

oh and just making sure, you need zip the files as "Store" or Uncompressed.
  5. Gflam12

Gflam12 Member

Thank you sooo much :)
  6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

You also have to always make sure that you match the compression ratios of the original files. Android is very picky about that.
  7. jchsu

jchsu New Member

How do you edit the desc.txt file then? Or, at least what program do you use? Something like vim?
  8. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

I've read that notepad+ will work, although I haven't tested myself. I seem to remember reading Wordpad would work, but I can't find where I read that, so I may be mistaken.
  9. jchsu

jchsu New Member

I've tried notepad++ and that failed. Perhaps it's the way I'm rezipping the files. Are there certain settings I have to adhere to for that?

Edit: yeah, you need to zip them with 0% compression
  10. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I just use the notepad that comes with Windows. If it fails I just extract out the desc.txt again from a working boot and use that. Not the best way, but it works and I'm to lazy to go install anything else.