What's wrong with my Google Maps (2.1)?

Last Updated:

1. topcorner

topcorner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since I installed (might just be a coincidence but I did update Maps via the market) 2.1, Google Maps takes so long to update when showing directions. For example I'll be in one street and have walked to another and it will still show me in the previous street after 30 seconds or so later. Also I noticed today when using it, that the arrow wouldn't move and just stays in one spot but the arrow does change direction though.

I could have sworn it wasn't like this before and I could just use it like a real gps unless I've overlooked something.

Also I get the "Current location temporarily unavailable" message all the time when searching my location unless I tick the Use Wireless Networks in the Location settings of the Hero. When I had 1.5, I didn't need to do this and just used GPS satellites.

What am I doing wrong here?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Have you got GPS enabled in the settings? Do you see the GPS notification when using maps? Also, if you do see it, is the symbol flashing or stable? (It hasn't locked on until it's stopped flashing).